Hi, I just tried to install an app on my bb8900 using desktop manager and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tonyu no está en línea Stack level 2

Question error 200 on bb8900

Advertisement

Hi, I just tried to install an app on my bb8900 using desktop manager and it hanged with an "error 200 - reset" message. I tried to reset but it just went back to the same error mesaage. After trying reset several times with the same result, I did a battery pull but still the same error message. Now desktop manager cannot even detect the device. I cannot even turn off the phone unless I remove the battery. Anyone have any ideas?

dillon316 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2571671D
    Looks like your going to have to erase your O/s then re-install it, you can do this using Jl_cmdr. There are many guides on the forum explaining how to do it. A bit more detail would've helped though, what is the app you were trying to install? What version of O/s are you running on your 8900?
    You might also try and start the phone in safe mode then delete the app and reset. The Instructions for re-starting in safe mode :- BlackBerry® Device Software 4.6 to 4.7

When starting the BlackBerry smartphone, you can turn on safe mode to prevent third-party applications from running automatically. Safe mode is designed to allow you to troubleshoot or remove any unwanted applications.

To turn on safe mode, complete the following steps:

Remove and re-insert the BlackBerry smartphone battery.
    When the red light-emitting diode (LED) light goes out, press and hold the Escape key as the BlackBerry smartphone is loading. When the dialog box appears, click OK.
    Note: Safe mode is indicated by a safe mode indicator in the BlackBerry smartphone status section of the Home screen.

To turn off safe mode, remove and re-insert the BlackBerry smartphone battery.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynam...kcId=KB17877):
    Last edited by dillon316; 06-24-2009 at 07:34 AM.

I tried starting on safe mode following your instructions but I still get the same "App Error 200" message. I don"t see how I can try to reload my O/S if my Desktop Manager cannot detect and connect to the device. By the way the app I was trying to load was the "SoftReset " app I found in Crackerberry. Any other ideas?

My current O/S version is 4.6

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db
    Tony,

Jl_commander is a stand alone application that doesn't require using DM

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Sounds like you're going to have to wipe the device with a utility like JL_Commander. Here is a guide on how to use JL_Commander. Also, consult this guide as it may help solve your problem.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

igel2187 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

I have the same problem.. My 8900 always shows error 200, and after i restart, it won't start up and when i connect to the desktop manager, it won't connect (while my phone just show the white background). and my question is after I've already turn on my safe mode, then what should I do??? am i should to go to he desktop manager and "erase all the application" and "erase (I forget the other one)

thank you so much your help.. I'm waiting for your help..

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Safe mode is more for troubleshooting when you are actually able to remove the app. If you're still getting this error while in safe mode, then it's definitely an OS or hardware fault, not a third party app. Follow the links in my post above and they will walk you through a wipe of the device with JL_Commander. Lavagirl has a great guide with photos on the whole process. Doing the above will help determine if it really is a hardware or software fault.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

exene no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21d984e7
    Hi everyone..

I am trying to boot up safe mode and I'm not doing something right because the dialog screen does not pop up or appear. My hand is cramping from holding the escape key down!

After doing a battery pull, I press and hold ESC/BACK key after the red LED goes away and I continue to hold it down during the system startup...
    I see the hourglass and after a while I see the TMO screen then it goes WHITE. Am I doing something wrong.. I would much rather try to fix my phone through safe mode than go through OS reinstall if I can help it...

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    once your in safemode have you been able to delete the offending app? if not then just do a reload. Its fast and easy. just make sure you do a backup first. Always back up before you do any major troubleshooting.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

exene no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21d984e7
    THANX! Finally someone responded. My problem was that I couldn't even get it into safe mode to begin with. Apparently my 8900 is one of the ones that this "safe mode" could not be triggered. But thankfully I resolved the problem. I just kept at desktop manager. I guess I got lucky.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well , I had the same problem and I opened a thread (for a 8520) AND I didn't get any help at all, so this thread actually came to answer a few questions for me - I could have done with it earlier, but then it's better late than never.
    At the time, the local BB agents replaced the phone so the problem automatically got solved...
    But really, the problem was a Java Download that could not be fixed (so they claimed) and it was easier to replace the phone under guarantee.
    I later suspected it was the Google Mail Enhanced Plug-In that caused the whole problem. Not sure though, but a friend o mine had a similar problem and by deleting the enhanced gmail plug-in the problem vanished.
    Anyway I'm going to keep this thread for future reference...
    Last edited by Delfim; 10-14-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Added text + spelling mistakes