Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I would like to erase my SDRAM card, because it is filled with Napster music, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

melbieaz no está en línea Stack level 1

Erasing my SDRAM card

Advertisement

I would like to erase my SDRAM card, because it is filled with Napster music, and I am told this phone is not compatible. I would like to erase the card and start over with my windows media library. How can I do this?

Also is there a trick to accessing my storage card on the Curve? I cant seem to access it? Thank you.

Melanie

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

Re: Erasing my SDRAM card

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Go to options. Then select media card. Once there, click the BlackBerry button(left of trackball). Select format card. This will erase everything on the card. Then while still in the media card options, enable mass storage. This will allow you to access the card whenever you connect to your computer.
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

Thank you. yes that did help me to delete my media card. What is the best way to go about putting new music on? SHould I use Windows Media player, or something else?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by melbieaz
    Thank you. yes that did help me to delete my media card. What is the best way to go about putting new music on? SHould I use Windows Media player, or something else?
    If you have a large amount of data to transfer - like more than 100-200K, I'd recommend removing the card, putting it into the SD adapter it came with, and putting it into a card reader. Transferring data this way is many times faster than using any method with the card in the BlackBerry.

Do one big transfer, then put the card back and use Mass Storage Mode to make smaller transfers. When you use Mass Storage Mode, the SD card will show up as a drive on your PC.

I also recommend not filling one directory with 2 gigs of music - it will take forever for the list of songs to appear. There are two ways around this.

First is to keep your music in folders under the BlackBerry\music folder. Use folder names that make sense to you - maybe by artist, or album, or type, then you can just play the entire folder.

Second is to use playlists which also allows you to keep music anywhere on the SD card, and keep just playlists in the BlackBerry\music folder. A playlist is nothing more than a list of files with their full RELATIVE path name. For example, if you used Windows Media Player to sync a playlist, the files would be saved under Music off the root of the SD card. A playlist in the BlackBerry\music folder would have the entries:
    ..\..\Music\song.mp3
    as an entry. Now this sounds like a lot of work, Playlist Creator 3 - http://www.oddgravity.de/app-opc.php - makes it very easy to create relative playlists quickly!
    JerryD

cnn dude no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by melbieaz
    I would like to erase my SDRAM card, because it is filled with Napster music, and I am told this phone is not compatible. I would like to erase the card and start over with my windows media library. How can I do this?

Also is there a trick to accessing my storage card on the Curve? I cant seem to access it? Thank you.

Melanie
    if you go under advanced settings->media card and then left click, there is a format card option which will wipe it from the handheld

edit: beaten by a mile while I was afk

I cant find the adapter that the card came with unfortunately. I was able to wipe the card, and I am slowly transferring songs back onto it like 10 at a time. But I cant find them on the phone. How can I access them? I am usually good with this stuff, I learned how to work my blackjack in about a day, but this is a little more difficult for me, i feel like an idiot!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Are you looking for them on the BB while it's still connected to the PC? If so you need to either turn off mass storage mode or disconnect to see them.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

all i am doing at this point is transferring them from a music file on my computer to the media card thru Media manager. Then I unplug the phone and try to access them and they arent there. Is there another step?

And everytime I try to connect to something, like the Music Apps icon on the phone it tells me "unable to connect to the internet, please try again later". I am looking for this AT&T music that is supposedly on here, but cant find it.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

What folder are you placing them in? How are you looking for them on the BB. I've never had any trouble finding mine.

Rcbjr

they are in the media card under music. do i need to unplug BB and turn PFF mass storage to find them? Is that what my problem is?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You need ti un plug the BB but shouldn't have to turn off Mass media support. Open the media app, then the menu and select explore. Can you find them now, browsing around there?

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

when i click on Media Apps, it gives me an error message. is there a different way to get to AT&T music?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Are we talking about the same problem here? Is you not being able to access the mp3 files on your BB corrected?

Rcbjr

yes. i am still in the process of putting them on the card thru media manager, im going alow, about 10-12 songs at a time. then i was going to try to locate them. under the setup wizard help thing, it says to turn off mass storage....does that sound right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast