I set up my enterprise server through my carrier and through my company so I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bigwilly319 no está en línea Stack level 2

Enterprise Server

Advertisement

I set up my enterprise server through my carrier and through my company so I can sync up with my work emails. With this in place, does my company now have the ability to monitor my phone and my activity??
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwilly319 View Post
    I set up my enterprise server through my carrier and through my company so I can sync up with my work emails. With this in place, does my company now have the ability to monitor my phone and my activity??
    Yes I don't think they can monitor phone calls though.

does that mean they can monitor my internet activity, texts and other emails, not work related??

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Everything typically data-wise goes through the BES (blackberry enterprise server) therefore if the company wants to, they can view almost everything you do.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

Ok so let me confirm, if I'm hooked up with my company's Enterprise Server and I have it activated through my company and through my carrier, now i have the ability to receive my work emails and calendar events directly through to my phone. With that connection, does that give my company the ability to view EVERYTHING that passes through my phone? Does that include my other personal email accounts that I have setup through my phone? If so, isn't that some type of breach of privacy?? Does that allow them to view all online/browser/internet activity?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    What you mean is that you have a BES account (trough the company) and BIS account? Or just BES?

My company activated my account through their servers, they had me input my work email and a password into my phone. I then had to contact my carrier to have then turn on the Enterprise Server feature. With that said, any thoughts from my previous post ? I'm trying to get all the info so i can decide if i want to keep my phone setup the way it is or to cancel my Enterprise feature.

Please advise.