So, here is my story....a few days ago I installed PicID from toysoft.com. I had ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jfig24 no está en línea Stack level 1

ending phone call....have I been blind to this all this time?

Advertisement

So, here is my story....a few days ago I installed PicID from toysoft.com. I had also upgraded my Sprint Curve 8330 to OS 4.5.0.66. I didn't care for PicID so I uninstalled it. It left behind a very annoying bug (at least I think it did)....everytime I am done with a call, rather than being returned to my home screen, the phone returns to the call log. I am almost positive that my phone didn't do this before. I checked my friends BlackBerry on T-Mobile also running 4.5 and her phone does the same thing...returns her to the call log. My roommates phone (also on T-Mobile) however, returns him to his home screen when he is done...and he is also running 4.5. Now, my phone didn't do this before. I have tried everything from completely wiping the handheld to downgrading the OS and no matter what version of the OS I am running, the phone now does this. It's very annoying, but not too annoying where I don't want the phone anymore. If I hit the end button twice when I end a call it returns me to the home screen, however, I don't want to have to do this all the time. Can someone check this out on their phone and see if the same is true for them. Maybe my phone always did this and I never noticed because I always press the end button twice. Who knows....either way, it's annoying and i'm hoping I can make it go away.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I've had the end of a call go both ways - to call log or to home screen - no matter what OS I'm running. I've noticed that if the other person hangs up before I do, it goes to the home screen.

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does it make a difference if you're dialing in the number, using speed dial, or initiating/receiving the call? I'll take a look on my 8100 and see if I can figure out the pattern, I've never really thought much about this until I read your blog post.
    Device: 8100c / Apps: 4.5.0.69 / Platform: 2.7.0.72

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I have noticed on my curve that if I initiate the call it returns to the call log (unless I use voice dial) but returns to the home screen if I recieve a call.

Zo

jfig24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I noticed that if I receive a phone call, I am returned to the home screen when the other person hangs up or when I hang up. If I initiate the call, I am returned to the call log. My friends Curve 8320 though returns him to the home screen whether he initiates the call or not.

Quote Originally Posted by JjcampNR View Post
    Does it make a difference if you're dialing in the number, using speed dial, or initiating/receiving the call? I'll take a look on my 8100 and see if I can figure out the pattern, I've never really thought much about this until I read your blog post.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    That's the pattern I have noticed as well. If I initiate the call, call log.....receiving a call, home screen.

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Quote Originally Posted by JjcampNR View Post
    Same thing here varies from where I dialed from.
    "How am I supposed to know? I don't even remember what I had for breakfast."

BB VZW 8330 Curve 4.5.0.77
    PIN is in Profile