I got a new Curve 8310 last week to replace my old 8800. (R.I.P.!) I'm ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HedBanger no está en línea Stack level 2

Encrypted media card message on start up?

Advertisement

I got a new Curve 8310 last week to replace my old 8800. (R.I.P.!) I'm using my old sim, and micro sd card, and now on start-up I get the message...A media card has been inserted that contains encrypted content which will be unaccessible by this device. What's up with that?
    Thanks!
    "Over?......Did you say over?......Nothing is over until we decide it is!..... Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!.......Hell no!" John "Bluto" Blutarsky (Delta House)

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    If you still have your old device, place the micro sd back in it. Go to options menu>media card> change encryption to "none". (should ask for your password.) Save setting. Try re-installing card in new device and see if this works.

HedBanger no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well, my old phone was damaged , and won't even power up. Any other options?

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    You can try to copy all the card info to a folder on your desk top...songs, pics etc., (do not copy any system info if you can help it.) Then try to re-format the card on your desk top pc via card reader. (make sure it's set to fat32) Then place back in device. If your device can read it, then re-format w/ device. After that set device to mass-storage and re-install content. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Jbee; 06-09-2008 at 11:45 AM. Reason: typo

goveil1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The fix is to access your bb's media card by plugging into a computer via the usb connection. Change your folder settings to reveal hidden files and delete the "system" folder off the card.

It'll get rid of the error. (I did this after I'd formatted the card, but you might not have to do that).

Lefty44 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem and had to re-format the card to get my blackberry to read it. I'm not sure if there is a work-around for it or not.