Forgive the question if I missed it somewhere, but I haven't seen anything in my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Alienwhere no está en línea Stack level 2

Enabling screen to stay on (disabling auto-off)

Advertisement

Forgive the question if I missed it somewhere, but I haven't seen anything in my searches to this effect. I like to use Windows Live Search with the GPS occasionally in my car, but my screen will always go off automatically (as it's supposed to) while I'm using it. Is there some way to enable the screen to stay on for certain applications such as this one, but let it go off for certain other ones (like when I'm just listening to mp3s in the car)?

END OF LINE

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm pretty sure the maximum before timeout in your Options>Screen/Keyboard is 2 minutes and can't be changed. Blackberry maps has the option to leave the backlight on though based on percentage of battery left.

I've searched for this option with several others like google maps and live search but so far only Blackberry Maps seems to be capable of this. Maybe someone else has found a way and will share
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Alienwhere no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks. I had a feeling it was something like that. I've been using WLS for a while, and I really like it a lot. Perhaps I'll give BB Maps a whirl, though.

END OF LINE