Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello: I need to be sure my 2GB Micro SD Card has been enabled as ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Jeffreyefrank no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Enable 2GB Micro SD Card for 8310 Curve

Advertisement

Hello:
    I need to be sure my 2GB Micro SD Card has been enabled as it is still showing (1.8GB of Free Space and 1.8 GB of Total Space.) I am not using card for video or music. Just pixs.

When I go into my Options~ Media Card Settings~ The default settings are:
    Media Card Support: ON
    Encryption Mode: NONE
    Mass Storage Mode Support: ON
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: NO
    Should any of these be changed, like Auto Enable to Yes?
    -Thanks!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Re: Enable 2GB Micro SD Card for 8310 Curve

Yes, Auto enable should be on. I have a 1 gig, and it always shows less than 1 gig. Even when you get a bb out of the box and its supposed to have 64k memory, it will show less. thats just the way it is, i guess. Good luck!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

The amount of total and free space it is showing is correct, just as you will find a similiar issue on hard drives on a computer, its just to be expected, but not to worry though cause that's still plenty of room for music, pictures and Video, and just a side note, the best app for music on a BB is the "FlipeSide" media player, you will find it in "Pinstack's Shop"

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Chokem is right auto needs to be on. That way when you want to add mp3's or something you can just drag and drop to your bb from windows explorer. Auto enabling mass storage cause your computer to recognize the bb as a drive letter (eg E:/). Hope this helps!

PIN/ID
    Ask

Thank you! I made the change to enable ON- "YES". Still don't think I'll be using for music as I have my I-Pod loaded up and don't want my battery to lose charge too quickly. How is the sound quality with the Curve in comparison to the Nano?

PIN/ID
    nada

try it-you'll like it. You will be surprised at the sound quality!

PIN/ID
    Ask

How many hours will the battery last listening to continual music?

PIN/ID
    nada

Sorry, I'm not really sure. I've never listened to it that long. Maybe one of the other Stackers can answer that.

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Not too sure but I do know it drains fast if you're surfing the web while listening to music, at least on mine. Maybe someone here has used theirs continually like that.

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

[1] You are good to go with SD card
    [2] You should be able to get a couple of hours of music with no problem.
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |

zsupra1221 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think the reason it shows a little bit less than what you actually have is because it uses the part not shown as part of the formating on the memory card itself

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    You are 100% correct.

via RedBerry *8310* (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Also a 2GB memory card should always appear as 1.8GB.

via RedBerry *8310* (wap.pinstack.com)~

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreyefrank View Post
    Thank you! I made the change to enable ON- "YES". Still don't think I'll be using for music as I have my I-Pod loaded up and don't want my battery to lose charge too quickly. How is the sound quality with the Curve in comparison to the Nano?
    I think it's absolutely awesome...

I have a 2GB card in mine, and use the third party app XPlayer instead of the one that comes with the built-in OS. It has more shortcut keys and is easier to navigate once you get the hang of it.

It's completely replaced my iPod... I actually gave my 2gb nano - which was in mint condition - to a colleague. I love it especially since I travel often and juggling so many cords/devices/headsets, etc., gets annoying. It's even better at the gym, because sometimes I have to take my BB in with me (it's how I'm alerted to a problem with our network or one of our servers). Now I just use a sport / jogging band for the BB and I've got it all.

I just ordered a 4gb card online for 25 bucks, so I'll have all of that room too, and the cool thing is I can swap them back and forth, like one for working out / motivation music and stuff, and the other for whatever, including files.

I can't rave enough about it, it's so awesome to have ONE device now for EVERYTHING... even a camera (albeit only 2mp) for random moments, like when some crazy driver rear-ends you in L.A. traffic... but that's another story

As far as the battery goes, I do find myself plugging it in more, like if I'm sitting down at my desk where I'd normally just have my BB laying there, I'll plug it into the usb cable to charge, same thing in the car, but I'm mainly doing that because I know I'm using it for so many other things now... I also use GPSED which eats more bat than anything.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Yeah I am going to be ordering one of the new 8GB microSD cards, very soon I like the fact that I can listen to music and then talk on the phone without having to take off the headphones

When advertisers/engineers, make memory or hard drives, they actually do it based off of a 1000 byte system, instead of the computer based system, wich is actually 1024 bytes. So if you buy a 2GB card, you are getting 2000MB and when the computer reads that is goes by its internal system, and reads only 1.9MB and the other .1mb is used for the cards internal instuctions.

300GB hard drive = 300000\1024 = 292.96875 or 293 actual GB, but to them 300 sounds better than than the other

One last reason as well, is that hard disk's are round, and everyone knows that you cant fit square numbers into something round its all that sectors per track thing due to radius blaber junk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast