Can any one explain what the different emulation modes are for. I have been using ... BlackBerry Curve forum

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

Emulation Mode

Advertisement

Can any one explain what the different emulation modes are for. I have been using it on the IE one but there are a bunch more.

*Blackberry
    *Openwave (WAP)
    *Openwave Gateway
    *Microsoft IE
    *MS Pocket IE
    *Netscape

I just was wondering if anyone could explain these in detail and maybe provide more info on how these would be used. Thanks!

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6

Re: Emulation Mode

I have always wondered about that too.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

Yeah the thing is I have read many posts about this but no one had any real detailed information. Some said oh i just switch to blackberry when I go to a site that is used for that! What does that mean? what are the rest used for and why ya know?

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

each website is formated differently using bb browser and with using differnt emulators they then will help identify the format.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

it determines how the bb browser appears to websites. this setting is important because websites often analyze your browser when figuring out how to present content. you might have a reason for wanting the bb browser to disguise itself as a different browser (such as internet explorer or netscape). for example, some banks require a certain browser (usually internet explorer or netscape) for online account access. changing the emulation mode setting allows you to accomplish this trickery

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6

Thanks.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70

I find it alot easier if you just use Opera Mini if you want to get a regular browser.

~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

While Opera Mini shows most sites more like a "regular" browser would show them on a PC, it doesn't work properly on ALL sites with Blackberrys. Some sites require Internet Explorer for example, which Opera won't fool, but the BB Browser set on IE emulation will. Some sites require the BB Browser set to Blackberry emulation to convince the site you are using a Blackberry. Those are just a few examples that show the situation is a little more complicated than just saying you can use Opera (which I really like), and that the different emulations are important.

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    Quote Originally Posted by glehman85 View Post
    it determines how the bb browser appears to websites. this setting is important because websites often analyze your browser when figuring out how to present content. you might have a reason for wanting the bb browser to disguise itself as a different browser (such as internet explorer or netscape). for example, some banks require a certain browser (usually internet explorer or netscape) for online account access. changing the emulation mode setting allows you to accomplish this trickery

WOW. I didn't know that, great info...thanks

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    So with that said, i have a question, there is this site that requiires me and a few freinds to use Java, the site is our work site where we put in our timesheets, (Kronos.williamslea.com), ok, i know our bb's have java built into them, and this site also requires java, but how do i get this site tio load on my BB???, thanks in advance