I need to get the text messages off of my blackberry 8310 red, i need ... BlackBerry Curve forum

aga080 no está en línea Stack level 2

***emergency need help...please***

Advertisement

I need to get the text messages off of my blackberry 8310 red, i need them in a text format so i can print them out off of my computer. please help

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    you can copy the text messages to a memo on the BlackBerry smartphone, synchronize the memo with your email client and then print the memo from the computer. Alternatively, simply forward the text message to any email account and print it from a computer. This is a little time consuming but it works.

On the BlackBerry device, you can cut or copy text between various programs.
    Cut or Copy Text
    1. In an editable field (for example, a memo, a message, or an address book entry), move the cursor to the start of the text you want to cut or copy.
    2. Press the Shift key.
    3. Scroll the trackwheel or Trackball to highlight text.
    4. Click the trackwheel or trackball and select Cut or Copy.
    Paste Text
    1. Place the cursor in an editable field where you want the text to be inserted.
    2. Click the trackwheel or trackball and select Paste.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 04-11-2008 at 06:24 PM.

hmm...i donno if thats working very well...theres no way of exporting the messages with the timestamp to some text file?? or print?

can i save all of my messages to my sim card??

please help! it is really important for me to get these messages printed out for legal reason.

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~there is a program that I found that can export info frm bb to html format. But unfortunaty I don't have the name with me. But I'll be back.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I do have a suggestion for you, but I do NOT know how to do it. If you can find someone here, you can have them show you how to do screen shots of your bb. By learning how to show screen shots, you can show a screen shot of all your messages with the one that you would like them to see hilighted and then, show a screen shot of what your sms looks like after you have opened it. I hope you win whatever case you are using your sms for. Good luck.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~here it is. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-...onverter.shtml

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sorry I don't think the link works so try this. Its called abc amber convertor I don't know if it will include dates but it has a 30 trial. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-...onverter.shtml

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ps fellow stacker BenMarvin showed me this

ak602 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just go to the text messages, click the menu, click foward as. select email, and email them to yourself. From your computer you can copy and paste the text much easier into a text document or whatever you like.

No special software needed.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by ak602 View Post
    Just go to the text messages, click the menu, click foward as. select email, and email them to yourself. From your computer you can copy and paste the text much easier into a text document or whatever you like.

No special software needed.
    Yeah this is a great feature about a BB once you convert it to e-mail it is easy to print and it saves all original info!!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Depending on how "secretive" these text messages are...

If you want to do a selective backup, do the SMS messages, then send the IPD file over to me, I can put them into EXCEL format and send them back over to you.

Let me know.

Thank you to everyone that responded, taking care of this quickly was very important.

There were too many messages to work with them individually (around 500) and the ABC converter that GreenandGold52 recommended worked perfectly. Gave me the timestamp and "from" number as well as full text which was vital. I knew I would find the answer at pinstack. Thanks again.