Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Is it just me but whenever I take a picture and then email it, the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    sinkers's Avatar
    sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    242

    Emailing pictures

    Advertisement



    Is it just me but whenever I take a picture and then email it, the recipient receives the email - but not the attachment.

    What could I be doing wrong?

    Thanks for any advice
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

  2. #2
    jscottbarnes's Avatar
    jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Posts
    1,273

    Re: Emailing pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by sinkers
    Is it just me but whenever I take a picture and then email it, the recipient receives the email - but not the attachment.

    What could I be doing wrong?

    Thanks for any advice
    Sorry Sinkers... i just tested this sending a pic i just took on Curve to mac acct and work (Windows) acct... pic showed up as attachment in both emails...

    Best wishes straightening that out -

  3. #3
    Mobiman's Avatar
    Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    2071348F
    Posts
    260

    Re: Emailing pictures

    Hi sinkers, is this happening to everyone you mail or just one person, its possible the recieving party has a problem....if youre only mailing that one person.

    Cheers

  4. #4
    sinkers's Avatar
    sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    242

    Re: Emailing pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobiman
    Hi sinkers, is this happening to everyone you mail or just one person, its possible the recieving party has a problem....if youre only mailing that one person.

    Cheers
    Thanks for all comments to date.

    Actually even when I am sending from my BB to my own email address it fails and I have no problem with email attachements - in fact I run my own mail sever.

    I will experiment further.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

  5. #5
    sinkers's Avatar
    sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    242

    Re: Emailing pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by sinkers
    I will experiment further.
    I have now upgraded the OS to the new AT&T one but still no luck with sending photos to anyone.

    The email arrives minus photo. (I have tried various different photos in case that was the issue)

    Are there any settings I could have inadvertenly changed?

    Thanks for any advice
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

  6. #6
    exilio's Avatar
    exilio no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    94

    Re: Emailing pictures

    I tested this using the new BIS 2.3 and the pic came through fine. And I also sent an MP3 file which worked well too.

  7. #7
    Wstsydthug's Avatar
    Wstsydthug no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    2405C19E
    Posts
    106

    Re: Emailing pictures

    Emailing to my work was ok.

    I tried to send it as a MMS to a friend and it didn't go through. Anyone know anything about that?

  8. #8
    perlguy9's Avatar
    perlguy9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    PM
    Posts
    28

    Re: Emailing pictures

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    I ran into a problem trying to send the maximum resolution photos via MMS. The 640 sized ones go through.

    Emailing as an attachment works fine regardless of size.

  9. #9
    Wstsydthug's Avatar
    Wstsydthug no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    2405C19E
    Posts
    106

    Re: Emailing pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by perlguy9
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    I ran into a problem trying to send the maximum resolution photos via MMS. The 640 sized ones go through.

    Emailing as an attachment works fine regardless of size.
    The picture attachment size that I tried to send was 390KB.

  10. #10
    sesso's Avatar
    sesso no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    319F766D
    Posts
    56

    Re: Emailing pictures

    many phones cant reciveve over 90k .. i cant recieve pic messages but i can send

  11. #11
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164

    Re: Emailing pictures

    sinkers - is this with sending ANY attachment? or just images?
    also...any chance the 'blackberry attachment service' didn't get installed?

    really not sure that would be it, just throwing another idea out there...that happened to me on my pearl months ago. i upgraded the OS and the 'attachment service' is actually a box that can be unchecked and that's what happened...i ran app loader again, being sure to check that box, then everything worked like a charm...

  12. #12
    sinkers's Avatar
    sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    242

    Re: Emailing pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    really not sure that would be it, just throwing another idea out there...that happened to me on my pearl months ago. i upgraded the OS and the 'attachment service' is actually a box that can be unchecked and that's what happened...i ran app loader again, being sure to check that box, then everything worked like a charm...
    Thanks cherrichiodo, a great idea. I just checked and unfortunately it was already checked and thus installed.

    I wiped the Curve last night and tried again but exactly the same problem.

    I must be unique!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

  13. #13
    VZDubtk's Avatar
    VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,436

    Question Re: Emailing pictures

    Yeah I just noticed that right now. I still have the os that came pre installed on my curve. I just tried emailing myself a picture and it wont send. So i tried emailing my friend the picture to his phone and no luck as well. I checked the application list and BB attachment service is there. What would you guys recommend i do?

    I just tried to send one that is 51k and that went through. is there a size limit?

    The ones i tried to previously to send were 395k and 405k.
    I have att service
    Last edited by VZDubtk; 06-07-2007 at 12:19 AM.

  14. #14
    sinkers's Avatar
    sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    242

    Re: Emailing pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by harry3334
    Yeah I just noticed that right now. I still have the os that came pre installed on my curve. I just tried emailing myself a picture and it wont send. So i tried emailing my friend the picture to his phone and no luck as well. I checked the application list and BB attachment service is there. What would you guys recommend i do?

    I just tried to send one that is 51k and that went through. is there a size limit?

    The ones i tried to previously to send were 395k and 405k.
    I have att service
    I just tested a 50k picture but that failed too.

    If someone sends me an email with an attachement, then I can forward that on from my Curve and it arrives - with the attachment - without problem.

    Very strange.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

  15. #15
    VZDubtk's Avatar
    VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,436

    Re: Emailing pictures

    that is strange I still think there is probably an option maybe that we are missing in order to correct this problem. Anyone else have this problem fixed that can shed more light on the issue?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •