Is there a way to mark spam on the bb? I wish that we could! ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Email Spam

Advertisement

Is there a way to mark spam on the bb? I wish that we could! We can delete from mailbox and phone---why is there no "mark as spam" option? Ever since getting the phone I rarely check my email on the computer....I guess I'll have to remember to do that.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

europamo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A51117
    filter your mail

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Yes all Mail filtration would have to take place at the server, another trick is depending on your carrier, is filtration at the carriers page. On TMO you can set filters to either send or not to send to the phone base on several choices. one trick I use on a yahoo account is to set only certian e-mail address to beforward to the bb, there by leaving the main on yaho that i do not want on the BB, as great as they are, they are not menat to totaly replace a PC, but true enough, I am on mine alot less now.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    Yeah...I filter as much as I can, but I think that the spam keeps coming from different addresses. Can I make it so that only the ones I SAY can come through can come through? Like "Everything BUT XYZ is junk mail"?? I use Yahoo.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Yeah...I filter as much as I can, but I think that the spam keeps coming from different addresses. Can I make it so that only the ones I SAY can come through can come through? Like "Everything BUT XYZ is junk mail"?? I use Yahoo.

I know I can with TMOs BB interface, i am not sure with AT&Ts, in TMOs interface it has a filter that and you can set it to NOT forward to the device unless, and then set a list of Email address to let through.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    ok, so I have to go to the actual site?? I'll give that a shot

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    ok, so I have to go to the actual site?? I'll give that a shot

Yeah trying to do it form the phone can be pretty tough, as much as I love these things there are some things that are just better done on PC.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I know what she means. It would be nice to be able to mark an email as spam on the device and have that notation sent back to yahoo and gmail so they can add it automatically to thier filter.

Zo

andreybutov no está en línea Stack level 2
    With Antair BlackBerry Spam Filter (http://www.antair.com), you can mark an e-mail as spam directly from the BlackBerry inbox, and it will be 'remembered' as such, making future occurrences of e-mail from that address or domain automatically filtered on your device.
    Antair BlackBerry Software
    A spam filter for a cleaner inbox, a call screener to block calls, and more great BlackBerry tools.
    www.antair.com

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    I know what she means. It would be nice to be able to mark an email as spam on the device and have that notation sent back to yahoo and gmail so they can add it automatically to thier filter.

Zo
    Yes I I agree that would be a nice option.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

europamo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A51117
    Another way to cut down on spam is have an alternate email address for all these sites that ask you for email. I use an alternate and keep my gmail to stuff I use all day. I also have found gmail better on spam then yahoo. One of the biggest ways the spam passes filters is they use an image instead of words in the body of the email.

Best of luck to you.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by europamo View Post
    Another way to cut down on spam is have an alternate email address for all these sites that ask you for email. I use an alternate and keep my gmail to stuff I use all day. I also have found gmail better on spam then yahoo. One of the biggest ways the spam passes filters is they use an image instead of words in the body of the email.

Best of luck to you.

They way I do that is ALL sites that I have an actuall account at got to one email address, all my billing and what not goes to another, and any Contests ot surveys to yet another. ANd then of course one for Familly and friends.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")