I setup my Aunt's BB 8310 a couple months ago when she got it and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Email: rec'v yes, send no

Advertisement

I setup my Aunt's BB 8310 a couple months ago when she got it and one of her email accounts i added was a work email. Which WAS working fine, but now it won't send emails. Actually they show as sent, they're just not being received by whoever she's sending them to. Also, she receives incoming emails fine. the other email account she has on there is a personal sbcglobal and it is working properly.

Any ideas?

I've deleted the account, re-added it, resent service books, re-registered, soft resets in the mix as well, battery pull for 2 mins. nada works.
    Last edited by mudshovel; 07-28-2008 at 07:17 PM.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hmmm, check the firewall settings, I can't think of anything else it could be. You've tried everything else I can think of.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Resend service books~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sorry, didn't read far enough, I would backup the device do a device wipe ALL 3rd party stuff too, then resend service books~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

GaryF no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Mud. I would suspect the settimgs for the work email acct. Try going into the advanced settings on the BIS page. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask
    Ok Thanks Everyone. I'll Have To Ask Our I.t. Guy If He's Made Any Changes On Our Exchange Server And Then Try Thr Adv Settings.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Is this only failing for one person? Does the DNS have an SPF record?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask
    yes, it's only failing for her, but then there's only a few of us that have BB's and they're all for personal use, so no BES.

but to answer your question, no. why do you ask?

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    I was asking the SPF question because the receipients mail server might block it if you had an SPF record but didn't add rim's servers to the SPF record. Guess not

PIN/ID
    ask
    nope, no spf set up.

on the 2 bb's that we setup the work email addy on via BIS only 1 works still (8100).

the only 3rd party app i put on her 8310 recently was vlingo and i'm pointing my finger at it somehow hosing things up cause it was causing a java.lang.nullpointerexception error and the onyl way to fix that is a wipe and reload. crap!! pita