Hi all. I've had the 8310 on Vodafone (UK) for 2 weeks now and I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mcartera no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Email Questions

Advertisement

Hi all.

I've had the 8310 on Vodafone (UK) for 2 weeks now and I have 2 questions:
    One - I cannot stop spam from getting to my mail (I have a pushmail from my own ISP which puts spam into the appropriate folder on my PC) - how do i do this on the BB?

Two - how do I stop my BB from auto-responding to emails it recieves?

Sorry if these questions have been previously asked but I have trawled this well-used forum and may well have miised them both.

Thanks in advance.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Email Questions

I dont know about the auto responding feature, never heard that BBs can do this, however.. what do I know..

regarding the spam, your quite limited, maybe your ISP can up the spam filer on your account so that less spam gets trough..
    Last edited by Sci-Tek; 01-23-2008 at 09:04 AM.

Smile Re: Email Questions

Thanks Sci-Tec,
    I have a call in to the ISP to see if they can help.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

NP, got the same issue, gets 4-5 mails a day on one account and it bothers me, who wants to pay for spam? ;P well im sure there are some freaks.. but not me
    Its my own fault tho, publishing the email at my WOW fansite wans't a smart thing to do.. ;(

Hope you'll get it sorted out

tekgirl no está en línea Stack level 1

You can also set up a filter on your online Blackberry account. Simply visit mobileemail.vodafone.net and log into your Blackberry account.

If you are unsure of your username and password please contact us via email by completing Vodafone's online contact form, by visiting vodafone.co.uk and selcting contact us at the top of the page.

Please complete all the required fields so I can access your account, can you also advise me of your Blackberry PIN. The PIN can be found in the battery compartment of your phone or by selecting options and status on the device.

Once you are logged into your online account you will be directed to the email accounts page. You will see an option for filter on all the accounts you have set up. Simply complete the options to set up an active filter.

The auto-replying option is only available on version 1.8 of the Blackberry internet account. There’s 2 options to cancel the auto-reply, there will be an option to switch auto-reply off on the Blackberry internet service website or you can up grade your online account to version 2.4.

You can upgrade your online account by contacting Vodafone via our online contact form. Please keep in mind that if you up grade your account you will not longer be able to view your emails on the Blackberry online account, however you do have the benefit of a larger virtual inbox.

Hope the filter stops the Spam!

Techgirl
    Vodafone UK

Thanks Tekgirl,
    I have tried to open the online BB account but after I log in the details a pop-up informs me that I cannot access the account using the HTML browser on the PC and that I should use the handset instead.
    I have tried this but the BB is asking me if I want to edit/delete or add an email account; I have looked at the editing options but cannot find the filter options.