So I have had my curve for a few days and i love it! The ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Hunnygrl82 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Email Question....

Advertisement

So I have had my curve for a few days and i love it! The email is great or was great, i'm having issues now. I am receiving email fine, but it won't let me send them out. I am sending to 5 ppl and it is coming back saying that the "message included and invalid address". These are the same ppl i have been emailing prior to the problem without incident. I checked to make sure that the email addresses were correct and they are. What could the problem be? TIA

**Andrea**

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunnygrl82 View Post
    So I have had my curve for a few days and i love it! The email is great or was great, i'm having issues now. I am receiving email fine, but it won't let me send them out. I am sending to 5 ppl and it is coming back saying that the "message included and invalid address". These are the same ppl i have been emailing prior to the problem without incident. I checked to make sure that the email addresses were correct and they are. What could the problem be? TIA

**Andrea**
    Could be just a software Hang up, try holding the ALT key, the right Shift Key, and hitting delete, this will reboot the phone, if this fails send to them one at a time and see if one of the addresses fails on its own, could be a corrupt address book entry, I have seen that happen.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Ok, so i just tried sending separately and only 1 went through, the other 4 came back as undeliverable. I then tried to reboot and send again and the message once again came back. Not sure what to do from here.......

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    There are some outages right now that are affecting emails. I can't get any right now. You could try to resend your service books from your carrier.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hhmmm, resend service books? I am so clueless about this stuff right now. Do you have Tmobile? I can receive them fine, but its the sending thats a problem. Thanks for the quick responses!!

**Andrea**

Yes I have TMO. Hook up your phone to the PC. Go to TMO website and login, click on email setup. To the left it will say service books. Click that and it will send them to your phone.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Yes I have TMO. Hook up your phone to the PC. Go to TMO website and login, click on email setup. To the left it will say service books. Click that and it will send them to your phone.

OK this is half right, except you do nto have to hook the phone to the PC, the service books are sent OTA (Over The Air) to the phone. So no hook up to the phne is nessicary, Alos you can on the phone, got to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routeing Table> Hit the menu button, select register now, and this will request your SBs as well, works great if you are not near a PC.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Well, it's was right,your's is just a diff way to do it.OP may not have a data plan yet.Tmo offers just BB email if you choose.

Ok, so i went in through my phone and requested the sbs over my phone, i don't have a data plan just email, but i got a message saying that my phone was registered with the system. I tried emailing again and still nothing, this is frustrating.....

Thanks again for all the help though!

Oops sorry, You may not need a data plan to do it as suggested ota. Thanks, didn't know you could do it that way.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunnygrl82 View Post
    Ok, so i went in through my phone and requested the sbs over my phone, i don't have a data plan just email, but i got a message saying that my phone was registered with the system. I tried emailing again and still nothing, this is frustrating.....

Thanks again for all the help though!
    Trying sending a mail to one of them But manualy type the address in, if this fixes it the Address book entrys will have to be redone.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Give alittle more time. Or give TMO a call. My email is not working right now.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Well, it's was right,your's is just a diff way to do it.OP may not have a data plan yet.Tmo offers just BB email if you choose.

While this is true, if you have E-mail, this gives access to RIMs server, so the SBs will go OTA either way.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

If you got through to register, then your data service must be working. When I tried, it said queued until data service is available.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    If you got through to register, then your data service must be working. When I tried, it said queued until data service is available.

Make sure you are in an area wher you have EDGE or GPRS if it is edge or gprs, or even GSM you are not getting data coverage at all.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")