I know I've seen it somewhere before but can't find it. My email indicator on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mrnrandazzo no está en línea Stack level 2

email prob on 8300...

Advertisement

I know I've seen it somewhere before but can't find it. My email indicator on my home screen (as well as on the inbox icon) shows that there are 5 messages waiting. I have checked my emails and there are no unopened messages (anywhere). How can I clear up this indication issue? Thanks in advance. P.S. I turned the device off and back on and the indicator still shows the 5 "ghost" messages.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: email prob on 8300...

did you try pulling the battery?

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Did you try looking in the "messages" folder? It may be hidden. Hit "menu" and then "show all" on the home screen. Happens to me all the time, I get a message that I just can't find.

Tucker

Yes I did try both turning the device off and a batt pull. And I also looked in every message folder (emails etc.) including sms/mms. No luck. I'm going to try another series of batt pulls to see if it helps. In the meanwhile is there any other fixes?

jeffsaha no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241EE28B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Usually when I get service books sent they like to put it on the bottom of my messages folder. So I end up scrolling all the way down just to delete them.

I fixed it! I performed another batt pull and the 5 "ghost" messages where still there. So I decided to check all folders again. Somehow the emails went directly to the saved messages folder within the email folder for that address. Don't ask how but that's where they went. So... I opened them any bada-bing!!! The indicator is clear! Thanks for your suggestions. They got me thinking.