Im having a crazy issue with my email today on the 8900. For some reason, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

grapemist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Posted

Email Menu Malfunction

Advertisement

Im having a crazy issue with my email today on the 8900. For some reason, when I receive emails with picture attachments, I click on the menu key in an attempt to download my attachment(s) but there's no menu. Yesterday, I received emails with pictures and I had no problem downloading attachments. Why dont I have any menu functionality in my emails with picture attachments today?

Ive pulled the battery several times today and nothing. I tried tweaking all of my email options and nothing. Tried tweaking the settings in the options app and nothing. The T-Mobile rep suggested wiping the phone clean and reformat the phone and im like, "uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh". I want to completely exhaust my options before going that route. I just bought this phone two days ago for pete's sake.

Someone????? Anyone????? Anyone????? Bueller????? Bueller?????
    Last edited by grapemist; 07-08-2009 at 11:11 PM.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Have you tried deleteting the email accounts and adding them back then
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Posted
    Thanks for your reply EALVNV.

Hmmmm...no, I did not. I did however delete the service books and restored them. I believe thats indirectly related if im not mistaken???

PIN/ID
    ask me
    well migth be, but i'd go with deleting and readding the accounts first, also are you on a custom theme or is the stock one?
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

PIN/ID
    Posted

Thumbs up

Okay...I figured out what the problem was. I had a 3rd party app installed to enhance email appearance, etc. called EMPOWERMAIL. For some reason, that app crippled my Blackberry Attachment Service functionality. I went into options / advanced options / applications, and deleted the EMPOWERMAIL app. Crisis averted. Now, ive got to get on the horn with EMPOWERMAIL and GET MY MONEY BACK. I even updated to the latest version thinking it would somehow be compatible with my 8900. What a joke.

Anyhow, thank you for your feedback.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Well, nice to know is working fir you
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~