Got my curve the other day and set up my gmail on it. All my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!

email help

Advertisement

Got my curve the other day and set up my gmail on it. All my gmail mssgs go to my mssgs icon and my gmail icon. I only want it to go to the gmail one and my txt to go to the mssgs folder can I do that?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    All of your messages will go into the main messages folder, but you can hide that folder by scrolling over it, pressing the BB menu button to the left of the trackball and select "hide". The main messages icon will then not show up on the home screen.

Next you'll want to separate your text messages from your e-mail messages by going into a messages folder, pressing the BB menu button, scroll down to Options and click on that, then go into General Options. Scroll down to SMS and Email Inboxes and change to "Separate".

Hope this helps!

Roger

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    When I seperate the folders I then have to change the view in order to see my texts is that how it will work all the time? No way to just have 2 seperate folders without changing the view?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

No, you don't have to change the view, but you CAN move the icons around on the screen. Separating texts and e-mails simply creates an additional folder for the text messages. The SMS/MMS messages then go into a separate folder and your e-mails will continue to go into their own folder. You can arrange the icons however you choose.

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    Nm I found it thanks!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cool! Glad to be of assistance!

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    when I miss a call it puts a mssg in the mssgs folder, how do i, or can I, stop that?

Open up your call log, press the BB menu button, scroll down to Options and click on that. Scroll to Call Logging and select, then choose NONE as your option.

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    Thanks RoGro.. you are the MAN! (IF you are in deed a man lol) I still have another question though today all of a sudden i cant open any of my downloaded apps, except facebook, like my bank of america and my pinstack basically any that connect using the browser. Ive already deleted and reinstalled the apps and it does the saem thing, when I run them it acts as if the app is not installed and its just the webpage telling me to install the app.. suggestions?

LOL! Yes, erica, I am a man.....thanks for checking!

As for 3rd party apps, I'm afraid I don't use any, aside from the PinStack launcher so I can't be of much help in that regard. You might want to try a battery pull to shake things up a bit.

By the way, is that a Mountaineer in your user pic? Had an older model and loved it. Wouldn't mind getting another, were it not for exorbitant gas prices!

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    yea my pinstack launcher isnt working either.. hmmm.. I tried to pull the battery thats a no go either.. maybe i will resend my svc books? dont think that will help but it wont hurt either. That is a mountaineer, thats my baby :-) and the gas prices are kicking my tail but with the number of kids we have, we cant really have a hyundai..