I have the unlimited Media Net but I do not have the Blackberry service. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

raiser128 no está en línea Stack level 1

Email client for Blackberry?

Advertisement

I have the unlimited Media Net but I do not have the Blackberry service. I use the Gmail app for my Gmail emails but I was wondering if there is any applications for email (other than the BB one).

Because of my current plan, I cannot change from unlimited media net to Blackberry (BIS). Any suggestions?

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Unfortunately, I don't believe what you want exists.

Since the BB comes with the BIS application out of the box which provides "push" email, I'm not sure there is any application which lives on the BB that can poll for new messages.

You could see if it's possible to setup your google account to check your other addresses via POP or IMAP. I know that Hotmail used to offer this service. That way, all your mail would go through the google account.

Just a thought.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

tiggit no está en línea Stack level 1
    You might like to try tiggit mail: www.tiggit.com

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Never heard of tiggit, but it sounds like it just might be what you're looking for.

Interesting concept. Will be curious how well it works if you decide to go that route.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

ukman no está en línea Stack level 1
    what does tiggit do

lalctaylor no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by raiser128 View Post
    I have the unlimited Media Net but I do not have the Blackberry service. I use the Gmail app for my Gmail emails but I was wondering if there is any applications for email (other than the BB one).

Because of my current plan, I cannot change from unlimited media net to Blackberry (BIS). Any suggestions?
    I wanted to get my story straight before I posted. I have an excellent AT&T rep that I just spoke to regarding you not being able to drop the MediaNet for the BIS. He has always told me the only thing locked in under contract is the voice plan, and you can change the data at will. He would be glad to take care of it if you would like him to. PM me for his info if you are interested.

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah, it seems odd that they wouldn't offer you an upgrade to the BIS plan considering it's more money for them each month. ???
    Lis (not dead, but Berried)
    Music is feelings unspoken.

lalctaylor no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i agree. It is a higher monthly fee, however a BB isn't the same w/o it.