I have 2 email accounts- my internet account and my tmo.blackberry acount. My bb 8320 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ohmiss no está en línea Stack level 1

Email as text message

Advertisement

I have 2 email accounts- my internet account and my tmo.blackberry acount. My bb 8320 shows 3 email folders. One for each of these and then one for text messages. Every time an email comes to my internet account TMO sends me a 700 text message about the email AND then the email itself. So essentially I recieve the email twice. Once under the internet folder and once under the text message folder along with a second copy of the email. The email icon on my screen constantly shows the number of messages in the text folder. I have to go in and manually delete all of the messages out of the text folder to get rid of them, even after deleting them out of the internet folder. I went to a TMO store and all they could tell me was they have never seen this before. Any ideas?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Email as text message

What service is your internet email with? I know I used to have my yahoo account set to notify me when I got an email (set up pre-BB days) and would get the message and the email at the same time on my BB when I started using it. All I had to do was go and delete the forward setting I had created.

Zo

ohmiss no está en línea Stack level 1

It's a bellsouth account. But these text messages are coming from TMO.

islandpinoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2884AE28

to my knowledge the message folder is just that...a folder that receives all emails and texts not just texts. I have three email accounts set up plus text, what I do is hide the email account folders that I have created and just use the message folder. or I will keep the message folder and my main email(work) on the homepage so I know what are work emails and which are personal. I wish there was a way to have a folder just for texts but I dont think there is. But ya the message folder is for all mesages
    ***RIP<3MD***

txmike17 no está en línea Stack level 2

you can keep them seperate. Go to General options and scroll down to SMS and Email boxes. select Seperate. It should create a text msg folder

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

also note separating them is theme dependent and OS version dependent. Must be among the newer OS versions (the older original ones from when Pearl came out do not have this) and different themes allow for this or not.

yes however with many of the themes i have or use when selecting theme controlled the folder is hid. so i just select separate and it works. One thing i have noticed and is kinda an issue for me since i switched to the 8310 is when i have missed calls it leaves a msg icon on the top no matter what theme I'm using and i have to go to a general folder and actually click on that missed call to get it erased. Never was an issue with the 8300

Never mind i just found the fix. Under phone options and call logging there is a log type feature and i had missed calls selected i moved it to none and now its fixed.