this drives me crazy and i hope someone can tell me how to fix it. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bmxchick8t no está en línea Stack level 2

email and text and facebook question

Advertisement

this drives me crazy and i hope someone can tell me how to fix it. when i get a message on facebook it sends me a text then 20secs later i get a facebook notification. when i get a email it also shows up in my text folder. can i change this so text messages stay in the text folder and emails stay in the email folders and facebook stays in the facebook folder?

bigdogbta35 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    seperate email & text by going to message folder/ menu/options scroll down text email seperate. as for facebook i'm not sure unless maybe you have text alerts set up on fb

bmxchick8t no está en línea Stack level 2
    hey im from cincinnati too. go redlegs

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Seperate your messages and text like big dog said... As far as the facebook app is concerned, if you have email alerts enabled, they will not show up in your email folder as long as the facebook app is logged in...

And you can remove your facebook mobile settings so that facebook doesn't send you text message alerts of the same...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

miccic no está en línea Stack level 1
    "And you can remove your facebook mobile settings so that facebook doesn't send you text message alerts of the same..."

I found this to be a little convoluted. I did it from my computer by going to facebook/account settings/mobile. On the bottom of that screen there's a link to "go to Facebook mobile" (I couldn't actually find the next part when I go to m.facebook.com on my bb, thus the computer is the starting point). When you go there, on the top right there is a "+ edit mobile settings" link. Right on top of that page is "Texts are: on/off."
    If you turn them off you will get facebook notifications exclusively according to your "notifications" settings. And, my favorite, you can separate the tones in your profile to distinguish it as a facebook message as opposed to an email or text, without ever taking out your bb to look at it.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by miccic View Post
    "And you can remove your facebook mobile settings so that facebook doesn't send you text message alerts of the same..."

I found this to be a little convoluted. I did it from my computer by going to facebook/account settings/mobile. On the bottom of that screen there's a link to "go to Facebook mobile" (I couldn't actually find the next part when I go to m.facebook.com on my bb, thus the computer is the starting point). When you go there, on the top right there is a "+ edit mobile settings" link. Right on top of that page is "Texts are: on/off."
    If you turn them off you will get facebook notifications exclusively according to your "notifications" settings. And, my favorite, you can separate the tones in your profile to distinguish it as a facebook message as opposed to an email or text, without ever taking out your bb to look at it.
    Yupps... That's exactly how I do it...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~