I am a support tech who has a client that would like for his BB ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ESC
    ESC no está en línea Stack level 1

Email Address History

Advertisement

I am a support tech who has a client that would like for his BB Curve 8300 to remember email addresses he has manually typed in when composing an email.

I have had another Curve user claim that his does this.

I have serache4d the insternet and these forums and have not found any information on it.

When composing an Email on the Curve, once you start typeing an email address or contact name, a list pops up of possable matches. this list appears to be pulled from the contacts, not any internal history or memory.

Is it possible for the 8300 to also list a history of typed emails, the way outlook does, for those addresses the user does not have in contacts?

ty

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: Email Address History

You said it right here:

Quote Originally Posted by ESC View Post
    When composing an Email on the Curve, once you start typing an email address or contact name, a list pops up of possible matches. this list appears to be pulled from the contacts, not any internal history or memory.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

In order for it to work you have to save a contact with the email address you want to use. Say you have Sam and the email is sam@hotmail.com, you can compose an email, type 'S' and Sam will show and you select and therefore you don't have to type the whole email address.

Hope this helps.

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874

im not sure if this is possible.....but i think he's referring to email address that are not in the contact books but was typed in manually and sent from the berry device.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Nope, even sending an email to only the email address that's not in your contacts still won't cause the BB to remember the email address. The list that come up is from contacts. At least that's how it works on BES. I sent an email to an address using the address and it won't remember it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

It's the same thing on BIS. I have a huge contact list I use for a social group I belong to and as soon as I start typing someone's name, a list of matches comes up. There's no way to get it to remember the email address.

ESC
    ESC no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you for the info