How long does it normally take for an E-mail sent from a Blackberry to reach ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dkirchik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2432a7ba

E-mail time delay on Curve?

Advertisement

How long does it normally take for an E-mail sent from a Blackberry to reach its destination E-mail?? I ask because sometimes I find that it can take up to 20 minutes for my email to be recieved from some but for others just a minute.. could it be that providers spam and security software that slows it down?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: E-mail time delay on Curve?

The time it takes a recipient to receive your email has nothing to do with your Berry. (Unless there is some sort of network outage, of course).

The time it takes for the recipient to receive it depends on several factors, including but not limited to firewall scans, queded deliveries, moderated previews, or other "time delayed" delivery mechanisms.

Assuming your BIS/BES system is up and running normally, the delivery to the recipient's mail server is as instantaneous as a message originated from your PC.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

dkirchik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2432a7ba

Re: E-mail time delay on Curve?

ok That makes more sense than what I was thinking. So now I have an excuss