Hi folks, I have been searching the net and found that my Wizard set up ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Binderme no está en línea Stack level 1

E-Mail set up

Advertisement

Hi folks, I have been searching the net and found that my Wizard set up is missing the first of 3 choices line..... "I want to create or add an email address"......So how do I get that line choice to show up? Or can the wizard set up be reloaded?

Richard

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Richard, welcome to PinStack! Who is your carrier? Do you have a BIS account set up (BlackBerry Internet Service)?

You can create e-mail accounts from the web via BIS.

Hi Roger, I am with Bell Mobility and my account is all set up, both at the store and online. It is my phone that will not let me sign up due to the missing set up option of creating an email address. No I do have BIS yet I am new to BB , I just got this phone a couple of days ago.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well you should be able to access your e-mail accounts through Bell Mobility's BIS website here.

Roger, I can't open a BIS account because my phone will not allow me to open any website or email account........no Data of any kind.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hi, I know this will sound like a silly question and please forgive me if you have already checked this, but if you go to options on the home screen (the spanner icon) and then Networks and Connections then Mobile Network is the Data Services turned on. Below that you should see Bell as you Mobile network and it should give the Network Mode. If that is all ok, and you are paying for a Data plan, I would call up Bell and get them to download the service books so that your phone works. Hope this helps, it must be really frustrating having the phone and not being able to get online.

Hi dushdavj, I did as you suggested and the data is on,,,,but below that I got " CDMA HOME Network" not Bell........frustrating it's beyond that after a week of trying to convince ppl that this phone will not allow me to load or create an email address because the wizard first option to create is not showing up. Bell says that it is hooked up properly at there end........I can call and rec. calls but not any data

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    OK CDMA is the network type, it shows that you should have an internet connection, or BIS or BES connection. Did you buy the phone from the carrier, or did you buy it from the internet (e-bay etc). I ask because if it was from e-bay it may have an IT policy on it, which makes things more complicated. If it was from the carrier and they set you up with an e-mail address (specific for the phone) when you purchased it, then this is needed to login in to the carrier website.
    Sometimes when you first try the e-mail setup is not on the phone, this can often be cured by doing a battery pull (like re-booting the computer). Basically you have to remove the battery completely wait about 3 or 4 minutes then re-insert it, and once the phone has started up try the email setup wizard again. I suspect you may have already tried this, but it is worth a go.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    The next option may be that your service books were not downloaded. So you can try to do the following:
    Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register
    If you're operating system is vs 6. I believe that you would need to go Options>Device>Advance System Settings>Host Routing Table, once you get there you press the blackberry menu key and scroll to Register. Once you have done this whilst your blackberry is switched on, remove the battery again wait for a few seconds then re-insert it. Try and see if the e-mail wizard will work.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    The next option may be that your service books were not downloaded. So you can try to do the following:
    Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register
    If you're operating system is vs 6. I believe that you would need to go Options>Device>Advance System Settings>Host Routing Table, once you get there you press the blackberry menu key and scroll to Register. Once you have done this whilst your blackberry is switched on, remove the battery again wait for a few seconds then re-insert it. Try and see if the e-mail wizard will work.
    I am also hoping that one of the site experts will see your problem and jump in with some other suggestions.
    Last edited by dushdavj; 04-05-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Your are right on the money.....I did purchase it from a Bell Mobility dealer on E bay. When I hook it up to my LT it shows a Ph # that is not in service when I go to the Blackberry Desktop program and a pin # that I never loaded. I have rebooted many times for everybody whom are trying to help me. I called the supplier and now he is suppose to send me a replacement. I will let you know when I get it. Thank you so very much for trying to help me......I have learned a lot more from everyone due to this problem.

This phone is defective and being replaced.

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    Hopefully the next phone won't have an IT policy on it, but at least you have all the troubleshooting steps for setting up email on it. Welcome to Pinstack!