Im still trying to figure this out, I have my tmo.blackberry.net email set up on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

yump0p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

E-Mail questions

Advertisement

Im still trying to figure this out, I have my tmo.blackberry.net email set up on my phone, and then I have a gmail email too, but my blackberry email doesnt work.
    how do I set it up that they both are working?

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by yump0p View Post
    Im still trying to figure this out, I have my tmo.blackberry.net email set up on my phone, and then I have a gmail email too, but my blackberry email doesnt work.
    how do I set it up that they both are working?

have you set up your blackberry internet service on line yet?

What service provider are you with?
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    what do you mean it doesnt work? are you not able to send emails from it or receive emails from it? or both?
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    I have t-mobile
    I have it set it up on my phone I three emails set up on my phone
    my tmo.blackberry.net
    and a yahoo and gmail address
    my gmail works i get all my mails sent to my phone but they go into my text messages area but none of the other emails work when i look at the other two and view email settings all have my gmail adress the one that works
    if i change that one to the email it is the others all say the same email

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I'm not entirely sure I follow you...

1. There are three different kinds of message inboxes. The first one is where all your messages go to. This is the main messages folder. The second is for sms and is labelled sms, and the third type is individual mail accounts, these are labelled individually as your email addresses.

In your main "messages" folder you can go into options> general options, and change the setting for "sms and email inboxes" to "seperate" to show those seperately.

If you go into the "options" menu from any account, it is the same...

If you have 3 email accounts set up, you should have 4 message folders. One for each email account, and one main messages folder.

Have you tried sending a test email to each account to see if you receive it on your device?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    I'm not entirely sure I follow you...

1. There are three different kinds of message inboxes. The first one is where all your messages go to. This is the main messages folder. The second is for sms and is labelled sms, and the third type is individual mail accounts, these are labelled individually as your email addresses.

In your main "messages" folder you can go into options> general options, and change the setting for "sms and email inboxes" to "seperate" to show those seperately.

If you go into the "options" menu from any account, it is the same...

If you have 3 email accounts set up, you should have 4 message folders. One for each email account, and one main messages folder.

Have you tried sending a test email to each account to see if you receive it on your device?
    on my screen i have 4 message folders
    "messages" which holds my sms messages
    "tmo" mail folder
    "gmail" mail folder
    "yahoo" mail folder

when I went to my messages folder and change them to separate my sms messages disappeared out of the folder they were but then i could not find them anywhere else
    so I then switched it to combine the setting it was on was theme controlled but i would like them to be separate do you by any chance know where my sms ones went when i changed it like you said under the options

PIN/ID
    ask me
    when you change your settings to seperate, an icon labelled "sms" should appear somewhere in your group of icons. look around and you should find it... if infact you really dont see it there, it means that the 3rd party theme you have selected does not have the option to display the "messages" and "sms" icons seperately.

you will most likely then have to change your theme to be able to see the messages and sms seperately.

good luck and happy hunting... keep me posted...
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    I have the default theme i never changed my theme

edit

oooo i think I did it i found the sms one thank you !

PIN/ID
    ask me
    There ya go...

Enjoy...

PIN/ID
    I have one more problem, i can send messages from my phone my tmo.blackberry.net mail and it arrives at the sent mail, but when i try to respond to test it i get this message
    The following message to <yump0p@tmo.blackberry.net> was undeliverable.
    The reason for the problem:
    5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 <yump0p@tmo.blackberry.net>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table'

Final-Recipient: rfc822;yump0p@tmo.blackberry.net
    Action: failed
    Remote-MTA: dns; [172.20.192.16]
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 <yump0p@tmo.blackberry.net>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table' (delivery attempts: 0)

PIN/ID
    ask me
    There is something wrong with your tmobile address... Are the others working fine?

You may have to call up tmobile and see if they can figure that one out with you... It seems that your tmo acct may not have been set up right (from their end)...

And on a personal note, I wouldn't rely on the carrier email addy, for some reason I just don't trust carrier mail as you never really know where its coming from and where its going cuz you can only see it in your berry and nowhere else... You have the king of email, gmail, so use that...

PIN/ID
    yeah I thought that was a bit weird you can not see it any where else, makes you wonder why