ok, not sure how to address this issue, or even explain it, but here goes.. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question E mail only showing HTML tags

Advertisement

ok, not sure how to address this issue, or even explain it, but here goes..

when i set up my g mail to my 8320, it comes in fine, but the emails are full of HTML tags in it, and just seems to cluttered. like banners in emails show up at clickable html links, and there are way to many things going on in the emails. if this makes no sense to anyone, i will send a picture of what i am talking about, but otherwise, anyone know what i mean, or how to fix it?

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Hey Ryan... Welcome to PinStack. I have had the same issue for quite some time. Sadly from my own personal experience I do not believe there is a way around this. Blackberry's simply are not HTML email friendly. I would recommend trying to download google's Gmail application they make for the BB's. If you only have one Gmail account, you'll find that it gives you the "Google" look and feel you're used to. You can get it by using your Blackberry browser and going to http://www.google.com/m I believe.

The only way around your issue that I know will resolve it is to choose to only receive "text" emails. I know that sounds ridiculous, but that's what I've had to do.

Best of luck!
    --
    Walt

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Use BB smart or Empower email viewers to view these emails properly. It shows them how they should be.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Here's the links:
    www.blackberrysmart.com
    www.getempower.com

They will fix your issue.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks for the replies everyone!! i'll try that out, and see how it goes. hopefully i can be as helpful to others as everyone here is...

thanks again

EDIT----

wow!! BB smart is fantastic!! works like a charm, and the e mails look great. only downside, is that it says it's a trial, and i assume i will have to pay at some point, but it'll be worth it, as these e mails look good now..

thanks again!!
    Last edited by ryan7977; 03-24-2008 at 08:48 AM.

Glad it worked out for you.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver