Ok - So I am confused about getting a DVD on my 8300. I downloaded ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Pdmgr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

DVD on 8300

Advertisement

Ok - So I am confused about getting a DVD on my 8300. I downloaded two different software apps (BB video converter) and (Cinemaforge 2.0) and with both, I failed to get a DVD on my Curve. I read that the video files are usually listed as .vob and I figured out which folders contained the movie but when trying to convert, it said these files were not accessable. Is that because they are protected on the DVD from being able to pull them off? Anyway, is there some freeware out there that makes it easy for a newbie like me to get any DVD converted so I can get it on my BB? Please please help me!

Thanks!!!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: DVD on 8300

Not Sure about Freeware, I use DVD Express to convert to AVI or other format then I use Super, ( Which is free ) to convert to 3gp to play on the black berry, This makes the filw smaller and the screen res can be played with to fit better. I was going to post the thread that lists Super's web site and stuff but I can't find it. Sorry for that.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID

Ok - Ill dig around for Super. It just seems confusing when working with those DVD files. What I am looking for is some software that (1) knows your DVD is in its drive. (2) can recognize and pull off the files needed and (3) convert them and offer to "send to your device". Am i dreaming or can it be that easy? I would pay for that!

Thanks for the help!

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2

Check out my post in the the mutltimedia section here.

PIN/ID

Thanks Jjames - I have already downloaded all the software and will tackle this project tonight when I get home. That was very helpful. Hopefully I can figure all this out!

Thanks again!

ytsejam1138 no está en línea Stack level 2

www.winnydows.com It's program called Xvid4PSP, but it will convert ANY video file into use on a Blackberry. It will even convert a DVD on the fly. Very smart and fast program.

PIN/ID

Well I tried Jjames' program and the DVD ripper is great for getting it on my hard drive. I had to use another software app to remove the file restrictions and yet another to convert the files. Then I only got the sound and no video. It shouldn't be this complicated, however it's fun trying to solve this puzzle. I will succeed in this one way or the other. I am downloaded the Xvid4PSP now and will try it tonight. Keep the suggestions comming. I appreciate everyone's help and advice!!

PIN/ID

Success!!! Yea - I did it...well mostly. Here's what I did exactly. I ripped the DVD to my hard drive with DVDfab HD Decrypter. Then is used "Free DVD" to remove the file restrictions. I used Cenemaforge to convert the files to MP4 (you must select Iphone Mp4 in the drop down box for it work on the Blackberry). Then I turned on Mass Media storage on my phone and dragged and dropped it onto my Curve. The only issue I now have is that it is on my BB as four separate files. Anyone know what I can use to stitch the files together before I drop them on my phone? It would be nice to have an all in one software app that does ALL of these steps in one process. If there is, let me know.

Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions.

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Pdmgr View Post
    Success!!! Yea - I did it...well mostly. Here's what I did exactly. I ripped the DVD to my hard drive with DVDfab HD Decrypter. Then is used "Free DVD" to remove the file restrictions. I used Cenemaforge to convert the files to MP4 (you must select Iphone Mp4 in the drop down box for it work on the Blackberry). Then I turned on Mass Media storage on my phone and dragged and dropped it onto my Curve. The only issue I now have is that it is on my BB as four separate files. Anyone know what I can use to stitch the files together before I drop them on my phone? It would be nice to have an all in one software app that does ALL of these steps in one process. If there is, let me know.

Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions.
    You should not have the use the Free DVD program, DVD Fab removes the encryption.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Well, I used DVD Shrink to make one .vob file and then converted it with Super to a .mp4 file and changed the size of the viewing screen to fit the Curve. It takes a minute in Super, but it works on my Curve successfully. Give that a try and it will work for you also........

Jiffer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204EFB0F

One quick word for you - Torrents - look for Axxo's work - they are already in avi format. Most movies are approx 700mb - BB Video Converter will shrink it to approx 300 mb. Works great.