Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by T3chGirl I tried it the video is very crappy the sound is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: DVD converter for BB Curve 8320

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by T3chGirl View Post
    I tried it the video is very crappy the sound is low, maybe I don't have the right settings.
    Maybe because I did a linkin park music video and it looks great.

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

This is my fav program...
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonedvd-mobile.html

Also check out their AnyDVD if you need to rip a DVD with security features...

They have free trials of all their programs and are great!

swbtsboy no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    Ok I found a program that is beyond easy.

TECHGIRL - Try this one out

http://www.seabyrdtech.com/bbdl

Its very very easy. Converts to AVI and i put it on my 8320 and it plays great!

If you rip another video with seabyrd... look at the "Audio" tab, it has a place to increase the volume for playback. I've learned that you have to increase the volume on just about every piece of media you will listen to through the speaker phone.

coldconfessi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I used Xilisoft Dvd Ripper Platinum. They have the BB curve settings already set

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

Just use clonedvd mobile and anydvd. The 21 day trials are perfect since they give you enough time to rip all or most of your dvds if you have a lot. Here's what I did.

1. Install both trials and restart as necessary
    2. On restart, the DVD is ready after anydvd scans it
    3. Start CloneDVD mobile
    4. On first option screen select Generic (DivX), then click Next
    5.On this screen you select the video files from the dvd. If nothing shows up, click the browse button (two orange arrows arranged in circle at the top) and navigate to the DVD drive and then the VIDEO_TS folder. Once something shows up on the Video titles section, choose the longest one which is most likely the movie you want to copy. Click Next.
    6. Leave the options on the Audio and Subtitle Settings the way they are so just click Next.
    7. On the Output Method screen, leave the settings as they are if you want the widescreen version of the movie(This option gives you black bars at the top and bottom of the curve), but if you want the fullscreen version (This options fills the screen completely on the curve but cuts of the edges of the movie) choose full under the letterbox zoom option and then select the cinemascope zoom box. You should now have 320x240 under resolution. Choose the video quality you want but something around 500 MB for each movie is best since going too high will mess up the video and sound synchronization. Name your DVD under the Enter the filename to write option making sure it ends with .avi and leave the produce chapter files option unselected.
    8.Select Go and the DVD will start ripping to your computer. After it is done. Just move the file to your memory card on your curve and start watching.

chromedome no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by eduardog21 View Post
    Just use clonedvd mobile and anydvd. The 21 day trials are perfect since they give you enough time to rip all or most of your dvds if you have a lot. Here's what I did.

1. Install both trials and restart as necessary
    2. On restart, the DVD is ready after anydvd scans it
    3. Start CloneDVD mobile
    4. On first option screen select Generic (DivX), then click Next
    5.On this screen you select the video files from the dvd. If nothing shows up, click the browse button (two orange arrows arranged in circle at the top) and navigate to the DVD drive and then the VIDEO_TS folder. Once something shows up on the Video titles section, choose the longest one which is most likely the movie you want to copy. Click Next.
    6. Leave the options on the Audio and Subtitle Settings the way they are so just click Next.
    7. On the Output Method screen, leave the settings as they are if you want the widescreen version of the movie(This option gives you black bars at the top and bottom of the curve), but if you want the fullscreen version (This options fills the screen completely on the curve but cuts of the edges of the movie) choose full under the letterbox zoom option and then select the cinemascope zoom box. You should now have 320x240 under resolution. Choose the video quality you want but something around 500 MB for each movie is best since going too high will mess up the video and sound synchronization. Name your DVD under the Enter the filename to write option making sure it ends with .avi and leave the produce chapter files option unselected.
    8.Select Go and the DVD will start ripping to your computer. After it is done. Just move the file to your memory card on your curve and start watching.
    im lost.

1. what is the use of anydvd again?
    2. i dont see the option to change resolution under the Output Method Screen.

please help i dont know what im doing wrong

Awcurve no está en línea Stack level 1

A program called total video converter works the same way. Put the file in and tell it what format you want to break it down to

PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

Quote Originally Posted by chromedome View Post
    im lost.

1. what is the use of anydvd again?
    2. i dont see the option to change resolution under the Output Method Screen.

please help i dont know what im doing wrong
    Anydvd cracks the copyright of the DVD so that you can make a copy of it. The change resolution should be on the right side, a little more than half way up from the bottom. You shouldn't have to mess with it if you set all the other options correctly. Whether you want the fullscreen version or widescreen version.

chromedome no está en línea Stack level 2

so somehow i dl clonedvd and not the mobile version..duhhh lol thanks guys

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Quote Originally Posted by iridemybike View Post
    I've just been using the one that comes in the Desktop Manager Software. The newest version is in the 4.3 Desktop Manager Software and can be downloaded from the http://www.blackberry.com website.

Just plug in your bb, open the media manager, and find the movie that you want to transfer. Once you select the movie there should be a button in the middle section dividing the upper and lower section of the screens that says "Copy Down". When you click on that it will give you a little window with 3 options, choose the one in the middle that says "Convert for optimal playback" and it will transfer it to you bb and convert it in the process. Before you hit copy make sure you are viewing the sd card in the lower half of the screen and not the device memory or it will not work(file is way too big to fit on device memory). Once it's done that's it. When you open media player on your bb it may take it a minute or two to show up in the list the first time(it did on mine anyways). That's all there is to it. You should be all set to watch your movie.

If you are using the 4.2 version of desktop manager the process should be pretty much the same. I have used this process on 3 or 4 movies myself and it works great. Good luck, let us know if you have any problems.

Tucker
    Tucker, how long is the process?

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

It usually takes it awhile to do convert it, I would say half an hour or so, I've never really timed it. It's gonna take it more than just a few minutes for sure though.

Tucker

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2

I used DVDFab HD Decrypter to copy the DVD to my hard drive in movie only format and then a batch file to convert the movie to a compatible BB format; the batch file uses the mencoder program from the mPlayer program.

I am also testing the newest version of Handbrake to see if there are any noticeable size and quality differences.

The DVDFab forum had this link for BlackBerries.
    Last edited by jjames42; 02-19-2008 at 04:00 PM.

bayzbol44 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

How much memory are these movies taking on a memory card? Do people own a lot of cards for the different movies?

Blackberry&Coke no está en línea Stack level 1

DVD Fab works excellent. It doesnt list BB on the list under configure but i go with the (i believe Lgd600) and it works.

PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

Quote Originally Posted by bayzbol44 View Post
    How much memory are these movies taking on a memory card? Do people own a lot of cards for the different movies?
    I converted DVD my movies with AnyDVD and DVDClone mobile and each movie is around 500 MB so with my 4 GB memory card I can have at most 3 movies or 4 movies and a little room for music also.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast