i hear a lot of people complaining about dust getting under their 8300 screen, my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

els718 no está en línea Stack level 2

Arrow "Dusty" Curves & Blackberry Warranty.

Advertisement

i hear a lot of people complaining about dust getting under their 8300 screen, my question is...what is the process if i contact RIM and want a new curve, i thought i could deal with the dust under my screen but after a while its just ridiculous....do u just contact RIM tell them the problem and they send u a new one or is it a lot more than just that....i read in other posts people getting new curves for their "dusty" ones through the blackberry 1 year warranty....thanks...

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: "Dusty" Curves & Blackberry Warranty.

I had this same problem with my pearl and when I called to tell them that my screen must be busted because so much dust was getting in they said...well thats a cosmetic defect and we do not cover that. I was also having that pearl memory leak problem so I told them about that and they said ok we will replace it for that reason. However they said if it came to them and somebody noticed the dust they would charge me full price for a new pearl because the cosmetic problem was MY fault. GRRRRRR.

Thats my story. Don't mention the dust. If you have any other issues....and I am not saying to make up any false issues then deal with them on that. Otherwise join the club and mourn the dust like we all do......booooo hoooooo. (I only have 4 specks and they drive me nuts.)
    Last edited by Dafodyll; 09-09-2007 at 02:58 AM.
    Yes...the BB must have been created and bestowed upon
    us by the Almighty Himself because it is amazingly
    wonderful in all that it does to divert and entertain {LavaGirl}

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: "Dusty" Curves & Blackberry Warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafodyll
    they said...well thats a cosmetic defect and we do not cover that.
    Thats not cosmetic, thats manufacturing. Both my old Razrs were covered under warranty for a dust under the screen defect. Also had a couple Nokias that had rubber wearing off the outer shell that were covered under warranty for that defect.

I have both ocurring with my curve. Continual dust and practically the whole top bar of soft rubber is worn down to the hard plastic. I love this phone but RIM better get off their butt and hire a serious Q/A department.