I love my curve, but what i have noticed is dust building up UNDER my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

hyeberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Dust under my 8320 screen!

Advertisement

I love my curve, but what i have noticed is dust building up UNDER my screen! I didnt know something so small could be sooo annoying. Is it safe to open it up and blow the dust out? I cut back on putting the phone in my pocket. Any suggestions?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: Dust under my 8320 screen!

You can open it up and clean the dust but keep in mind this will void your warranty.
    Here's the video on how to do so, you don't have to follow the steps through the whole length of
    the video, just the first part prior to removing the sides.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiIl19G74C0
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3

Well, the video is nice but my BB's front seems to be glued at the middle and I can't take it apart.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

I called them and told them i have dust on my 8320. It wasnt a known issue according to the tmobile blackberry/pda rep.. Must be the sealing thats what they said, so they will be sending me a new 8320.

spurfan no está en línea Stack level 2

I have had a BB (and various handsets) eversince my 4 years as a MGR at TMO and now 1 yr with ATT. I have "dust" on the LCD in all of my handsets. (including the 8300 i have on my hip now) Note: I work indoors. The phones are not made to be airtight. (This would cost big $$$). This is not a malfuction, it will remain an issue till handsets are made air and water sealed.
    FYI>>> Not to be a pessimist but; You will get "dust" on the LCD on the replacement 8320 also XTASYBOI_00. its inevitable and only a matter of time (or work place/region/usage of handset).

adriii no está en línea Stack level 2

What does dust under the screen exactly look like? My blackberry curve 8300 is only 4 days old but I notice like smudges on the upper right hand corner. I doubt it's dust because the phone is so new and I'm thinking it's just the screen protector that's smudged but can anybody post a picture of what this buildup look like?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by adriii View Post
    What does dust under the screen exactly look like? My blackberry curve 8300 is only 4 days old but I notice like smudges on the upper right hand corner. I doubt it's dust because the phone is so new and I'm thinking it's just the screen protector that's smudged but can anybody post a picture of what this buildup look like?

Lint/Dust under the screen should look like lint or dust. If the screen is off you should be able to see a tiny particles of gray or a slow accumulation of dust in direct sunlight.

If the screen is on, it will look like your LCD has dead pixels where ever the lint/dust is.

Look in this thread the 3rd picture down...you can see the dust under my old pearls' screen.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._pictures.html

jdchamp31 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A7ED37

You can take care of the dust without even taking the phone apart. We are an AT&T retailer and what I do is I use a heat gun to heat the glue under the plastic of the screen then it comes right off. Clean the dust then heat back up and put it back on.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~same thing with my black pearl..no idea how the dust got in there then tmo replace it with no hassle and the new pearl didn't get any dust since 8 months I had it. Now I'm hoping my curve will not have the same way

niforpix no está en línea Stack level 2

It happens to all or most BlackBerrys. It happened to my two of my 8300s that I had, and now my 8310. Maybe the new 8xxx series will have a better seal.

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jdchamp31 View Post
    You can take care of the dust without even taking the phone apart. We are an AT&T retailer and what I do is I use a heat gun to heat the glue under the plastic of the screen then it comes right off. Clean the dust then heat back up and put it back on.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    A heat gun? Doesn't that damage the case?
    Can you explain over what part of the curve you apply it and for how long?

Thanks!

And the level of dust is 10 times worse than any other phone I used or had in my hands so it's not something you can ignore as in 12 moths all my screen will be covered by dust if this goes on. Only 4 months of ownership and all the right side has visible dust on it.
    Last edited by DonGato; 01-08-2008 at 08:11 AM.