Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

interesting... i have no dust issues with my curve (man im glad) i got the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Re: Dust!!!!

Advertisement

interesting... i have no dust issues with my curve (man im glad) i got the phone with the leather pouch when i bought it and so to my pearl.. there are 2 things i order first before i get the phone, screen protector and leather case or most likely pouch since theres OEM.. I dont like it hangin on my belt for some reason.

I constantly wipe my screen with a microfiber that the former screen protector that i use which is boxwave. I can tell if i get some dust.. But yes, i have to agree with Reddog, it is pretty much common in most device to get dust.

Reddog, have you dismantled your curve? I would like to see disassembly shots. Or anyone?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I have not had to take my curve apart. *crosses fingers*

No reason to. There are a couple of vids on the homepage with people taking them apart though.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have a video on taking bb apart its not mind I found it on yt
    And since my 8320 has dust under the screen I was gonna try it first tho gonna call tmo to see if I can get a replacement. I have always kept my bb in a belt pouch or a clip I can remember tho when I quickly put it in my pocket so that's were the dust came from its not that bad but still I don't like it.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

ouch, i am going to be pissed off.. tmobile might send me a freakin REFURB im sure lol

niforpix no está en línea Stack level 2

This is the one and only thing that bugs me about my 8310. I've taken it apart once already and cleaned the dust, but about a week or 2 later, there it is again... I have a skin on it AND I keep it in a leather puch that sits on my side (my belt)... But the dust still gets in there. Luckly you can't really see it when the screen is on, so I just live with it untill it will get really bad, then I'll clean it again.

cj5150 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm me

I had severe dust issues with my first 8300. Cincinnati Bell replaced it - 38 days later - no questions asked (basically). Didn't even need the box or the reciept (since everything with my account is in the store's computer system). Cinn Bell is aware of the issue, and basicaly (from what I've gathered) they are exchanging any BB's with the dust issue at the sotre level, becasue they don't want to give their customers refurbs that paid for new ones. AWESOME!

Of course, my exchanged unit is a bit weird... somehow I got one with a European keyboard on it. But hey, no dust in the new one as of yet!

cindylov4 no está en línea Stack level 1

I had some dust under my trackball, so i called tmobile and after having a supervisor call me back and explaning to him that i was not going to take the phone apart (just in case i myself did something wrong and i would be liable) he agreed to send me a replacement, under "ball and components are defective."

For those of you are not sure on whether or not to call your provider...sometimes with persistance you might just get lucky
    Last edited by cindylov4; 12-20-2007 at 09:57 PM.

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

All you need is a Torx driver with multiple sizes (with a T5 size), a small flat-head screwdriver, a Driver License or old credit card, and a microfiber cloth.

Turn handset off, pull battery, pop off the bottom retaining bracket with the screwdriver (the piece that has the service provider's logo, at the bottom) by starting at the back, prying it off, the moving to the front and popping it completely off.

Then use the Torx T5 size driver and remove the 2 screws on the back of the phone (near the top of the phone). Use your plastic card and shove it into the side of the handset where the grip meets the face plate and twist as you do so to remove the face plate.

There you go! The LCD is exposed, you voided your warranty, and you clean it off with the microfiber cloth (don't try to use Q-Tips or paper towels, tissue or toilet paper since every little fiber gets stuck on the screen easily. You could also use a compressed air can.

I did it and it worked fine. No more annoying dust. Keep the T5 Torx since you will be cleaning it again in 3 months or less.
    Last edited by sgtdisturbed47; 12-20-2007 at 09:32 PM.

Thingus995 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA8180

That's a little bizarre, about where the phones are made, my pearl was made in Hungary and I have mild dust issues...

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

My Pearl had a tiny bit of dust, but it was a small enough amount to ignore.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

i was looking at this video i have on taking the bb apart its reall not that much u take a part its just the front piece.. hmmm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12