Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you guys know if BB will warranty my 8310 cause of dust under screen? ... BlackBerry Curve forum

peterk no está en línea Stack level 1

Dust!!!!

Advertisement

Do you guys know if BB will warranty my 8310 cause of dust under screen?

Thanks a million guys

awesomeguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Dust!!!!

I don't know about AT&T but with T-Mobile they replaced my Pearl because of dust under the screen even though they said it wasn't a known problem. I figure they would replace it for you.

islandpinoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2884AE28

Hey there Peter how long have you had your blackberry for? And who is your provider?
    ***RIP<3MD***

danni04 no está en línea Stack level 2

Dust under the screen on the 8310?!?!?!?! I was hoping that RIM would've known about this issue with the 8300 and would've corrected it on the 8310. Oh well...

txmike17 no está en línea Stack level 2

well a few weeks ago i said i had no issues with dust on the 8310 but today while outside i seen specs of dust under the screen and it about drove me crazy. Ill make yet another call to ATT.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

This has been a known issue from the get go.

Your best bet is to invest in a CASE that covers up the trackball/keyboard and screen if you keep it in your pocket.

To you guys actually expect to keep the lint out of your BB with all the holes in the thing? I learned when I had my pearl, it did the exact same thing. I took it apart, cleaned it lint free, then got an OEM leather pouch case and it never happened again.

When I got my curve, i did never put it in my pocket until i got my case. It was a long week.
    Better to safe than sorry.

SEE HERE: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/524047-post9.html
    Last edited by reddog187; 12-05-2007 at 01:29 AM.

onepoonis no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm with ATT and my 8300 has dust under the screen. I've called ATT twice now and both time I wasn't successful at getting a replacement. They told me that the dust is sign of normal wear and normal wear is not covered. Gonna keep calling and hopfully they will give in.
    ~ via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wporro no está en línea Stack level 1

Can someone show me or email me (wporro@gmail.com) how to take the 8300 apart to clean the dust from the inside of the screen.

Thanks

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Is this issue mostly 8310 or this includes 8320? I put my phone in my pocket as long as i have the BB Leather Pouch that came with my phone. I had the same thing from my previous device which was the pearl and never got any dust issues under the screen.. my phone both pearl and curve is tmo branded by the way.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by xtasyboi_00 View Post
    Is this issue mostly 8310 or this includes 8320? I put my phone in my pocket as long as i have the BB Leather Pouch that came with my phone. I had the same thing from my previous device which was the pearl and never got any dust issues under the screen.. my phone both pearl and curve is tmo branded by the way.
    The dust issues is with all BBs. I mean really many phones in general have this issue. With the pocket pouch it covers all the possible places lint can slowly penetrate the device.

I learned quickly with my pearl when it happened and cleaned it out and got the pocket pouch. With my curve it never went in my pocket until I got my pouch.

The lesson is: No pouch no pocket. Naked BB+Pocket=dust

liquidsense no está en línea Stack level 2

I think my experience may help shed some light.

I went through three new Curve 8300s. Each had severe dust issues, with dust accumulating on the right edge of the screen. After thorough research, I learned that individuals that had 8300s made in Canada never had the problem! Those that had their phones manufactured in Mexico almost always had the problem!

Well, all three of my 8300s were manufactured in Mexico. And unfortunately, all of the 8300s in stock at the distributor that I was dealing with only had 8300s made in Mexico. Very luckily, the 8310 had just come out towards the end of this ordeal. I ordered it, confirmed that it was made in Canada, and have not had a single dust spec get under the screen in 1 month's time -- the phone being in my pocket all the way. The 8300 would show dust signs within 2 days of it being in my pocket.

So, what I know is that the 8310 may be less prone to dust issues than the 8300. And I think I'm pretty certain that Curves made in Canada almost never have dust problems.

If there anyone with a Canadian made 8300 or 8310 that does have a dust problem, please let us know!

If you think dust getting under the protective glass/plastic is normal wear and tear, maybe you haven't seen how bad it really gets. I'm also surprised that you think dust will naturally infiltrate a screen when a phone is in your pocket.

You ask "what do you expect to happen [when you put a phone in your pocket]?" Certainly not this:

Anyway, try not to offend the people who have genuinely experienced issues with dust, and have had to return their phones for new ones -- often with a lot of time lost and added hassle. You wouldn't want me to call you "anal" for returning your phone if it looked like this, would you?

txmike17 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the 8310 for a few months now I use the "geek belt clip" I have the whole right side my screen dusted with specs. I've contacted att warranty they are sending me a replacment. Several of you posted that you got a pocket holder. Did that come with it or something you bought? I have 9 8310's and 2 8300 in our plan and none of them came with any protectors. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

txmike17 - do you have any idea where your 8310 was manufactured? You can tell by looking at the side of the box, or behind the battery.

Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3

I don't believe the 8800 series has the dust issue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast