Hi pinstack, I've had a BB for a couple years, so I'm pretty familiar with ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kay2104 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Duplicate emails

Advertisement

Hi pinstack,

I've had a BB for a couple years, so I'm pretty familiar with them. I've had 2 personal emails (IMAP) set up on my phone for some time now, and I also sync to Outlook without a problem.

However, I recently add a 3rd (work) email account (also IMAP) to my phone and every email I receive an email to that account it's delivered to my phone 4 times. The other 2 accounts still work fine.

Any help resolving this would be much appreciated.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    How did you set it up, Kay? Through BIS I'm assuming? Is it a Gmail account?

No, not through BIS. Simple "Setup-->Email Settings" just like any other personal IMAP email account you'd setup, which is why this seems weird...

I entered in the server type (IMAP), the server (smtp.[company info]), along with my username and password, and it was all set (minus the issue of getting emails 4 times.....)

Let me know if this is unclear

Is it a gmail account?

Have you tried deleting and re-adding the account?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Is it a gmail account?

Have you tried deleting and re-adding the account?
    No, it is not a gmail account.

Just did it. Now I only receive 2 copies of emails (as opposed to the 4 I was getting before)...

Well at least we're getting somewhere!

Okay, do you happen to know if you get the additional copy when you reply to or forward a particular e-mail?

lol indeed

It's not when I reply or forward. I just drafted a new email to myself and sent it -- it appears in Outlook once, and on my phone twice (0 - 1min apart)

Hm. I had a similar problem when I originally set up my work e-mail. Whenever I replied to or forwarded an e-mail, I'd get another copy of the e-mail delivered to my BlackBerry.

How did you set up the e-mail? Is it via Outlook Web Access?

Nope, not using Outlook web access.

Setup was essentially the same way you'd set up say a gmail account on the blackberry, except I chose "I'll set the settings manually" and entered in the following:
    - Server type (IMAP)
    - Server (smtp.[company server info])
    - username
    - password

Still having this issue, even after removing and re-adding the account a couple times. It seems like the bb is querying the server at least twice, so I end up receiving 2 to 4 duplicates of every email.

It appears as though if it's a reply, I get it 4 times; and if it's an original message I get it 2 times.

Any clues???

That sounds very similar to the problem I was having when I first set up my work e-mail. After awhile it just stopped happening, but I always set up my e-mail accounts through the BlackBerry Internet Service.

What carrier are you with? Do you have a BIS account? I don't know if it makes a difference setting it up through the device or online via BIS.