Duplicate calendar entries? Ok so please help me out here. So RIM has no real ... BlackBerry Curve forum

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2

Question Duplicate calendar entries

Advertisement

Duplicate calendar entries? Ok so please help me out here. So RIM has no real desktop manager like they should for the calendar app. So I use Google sync which works fairly well. But I end up getting duplicate entries one that says device and the other is for my gmail account. So my question is how do I or what do I need to do so I only have one entry for each event on my device?

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Let's do a calendar reset first and see if it erases the duplicates.

Calendar>Menu>Options> type R-S-E-T

you will then see the following message:

This will erase your (Your email addy here) calendar< and reload it from your server. Continue? Yes or No.

Go ahead and click yes and it will erase all your calendar entries and reload it back on your phone. That should solve your problem.

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Thanks that did the trick for now!

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Ok but now it won't sync anything from google sync from my calendar. When I check options for my calendar it won't allow wireless sync.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I've never used google sync before how does it work? Does it work side to side with your email? Is your gmail account set to not do a wireless synch?

DAdamsRealtor no está en línea Stack level 1

I also use Google Sync and had same issue

Quote Originally Posted by popo341 View Post
    Ok but now it won't sync anything from google sync from my calendar. When I check options for my calendar it won't allow wireless sync.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    I was having the same issue with the duplicates and followed the RSET instructions. Then went to resync my calendar with google sync. To my alarm nothing synced and the calendar was still empty. So when all else fails... rebot..=) I took the battary out, waited, put it back in and let the device reset. Once the device was back up and running I re-did the google sync and wha laa... all entries from my google cal are now back on the device.

Hope this helps.

metro350 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey,
    thanks BES Noob, this worked for me also. I'm using the desktop manager, sync'n with outlook 2003 calandar. I recently got a new phone, and every time i tried to sync, i got ANOTHER copy of all my apointments onto the BB.... (some days were up to triplicate!) now, I have only one copy!!
    thanks again,
    metro350

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Hate to burst anyone's bubble but it didn't work only made it worse. I had some dates with 52 duplicates, wtf! I don't know what to do? I don't understand why this isn't something easy.