Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i keep trying to donwload a free theme from pinstack on my desktop manager and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

qtipp8 no está en línea Stack level 1

downloading themes

Advertisement

i keep trying to donwload a free theme from pinstack on my desktop manager and i get an error - "no additional applications designed for your device were found"

This is the first time i've tried to download a theme and have tried several with no success. All the games i've downloaded have worked great. Any pointers? Thanks!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If the theme is an ota download your PC won't recognize it. You should be able to download it from your phone.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ok, that worked...sort of. I found where to download them OTA - but then i can't find them on my BB once downloaded. thanks.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    if its your first ota download, you will need to perform a battery pull to activate the theme.

also, see here for your first error

i removed the battery and still don't see them. will they show up in the "themes" under settings? or somewhere else? thank you!

PIN/ID
    ATA
    the will show up under options/theme

if they do not, then i would guess maybe they aren't made for you device OS?

what os do you have on your BB right now?

you should fill out your profile here so everyone can see

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    what OS are you running the theme has to be made for that OS.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    the will show up under options/theme

if they do not, then i would guess maybe they aren't made for you device OS?

what os do you have on your BB right now?

you should fill out your profile here so everyone can see
    lol sorry Cherri you already asked that so much for skim reading.

And how do i find out what OS i'm using? only had my bb about a week and todays my first time on this site; i really appreciate all the help and support!

thank you!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by qtipp8 View Post
    And how do i find out what OS i'm using? only had my bb about a week and todays my first time on this site; i really appreciate all the help and support!
    thank you!
    Go into your menu and click about there you will see the version and OS numbers.

updated my profile....thanks for the advice.

have a Curve 8330

v4.3.0.127
    platform 3.1.0.73

PIN/ID
    ATA
    ok, cool you should update your profile to say 8330 since there are 8300, 8310 8320 and 8330

so...you are using the 4.3 OS. you want to look for themes that are compatible with the 4.5 OS because we kind of skipped 4.3 all together

themes made for the 4.2+ may work on your blackberry --- but not 100% properly as it may be missing icons or wallpapers not loading properly.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by qtipp8 View Post
    updated my profile....thanks for the advice.

have a Curve 8330

v4.3.0.127
    platform 3.1.0.73
    You will need to find themes for 4.5 and they should work fine. Since you are new to all of this I would suggest reading post and getting to know your BB. Then after a while of learning about your phone maybe look into upgrading to a newer OS. I would wait until you are comfortable with your BB however.

it appears that everyhing is posted as 83XX and doesn't specify the next two digits; could this be my problem? I've been at this all afternoon with no luck. I found a post by TEX CHK in a previous thread with a EURO 2008 theme that was awesome, but i don't know how to get to it from my phone. When i'm on my computer and it shows an OTA link, is there a way to forward it to my phone? Also, TEX CHK, can you confirm, based on my profile, that i should be able to download that particular one? Thanks!!!!

PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ ota would mean that you browse to the thread with the eurocup theme in it with your BB. click the ota link for your device and choose download when prompted. alternatively, you can right click the link from your pc, copy shortcut then email it to your bb, click the link from the email and choose download when prompted. the only thing i can think of that may not work properly is the homescreen wallpaper. some reports using 4.3 say that the wallpaper doesn't transfer over. if that happens, i have uploaded plenty of walls to choose from, including the eurocup wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast