Tried the trick of saving jad file to computer, creating new folder on BB, opening ... BlackBerry Curve forum

berryaddict81 no está en línea Stack level 1

Downloading games-PLEASE HELP!

Advertisement

Tried the trick of saving jad file to computer, creating new folder on BB, opening Jad file and selecting dowload but i get the error "907 Invalid COD, File not found". How can i fix this? I would actually prefer OTA Dls since i have a data plan.

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not all jad files have the proper URL inserted for the jar or COD files to be found for an OTA install. Often they'll just have a partial URL which just means to look in that 'home' folder the jad is in for the files. Did the site you got the jad from also show the jar or COD files? If so download those also and put them in the same folder.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNightHawk View Post
    Not all jad files have the proper URL inserted for the jar or COD files to be found for an OTA install. Often they'll just have a partial URL which just means to look in that 'home' folder the jad is in for the files. Did the site you got the jad from also show the jar or COD files? If so download those also and put them in the same folder.
    It was from this website. The Guitar Trainer game. just wanted to play with it but it only saved the .jad file to my computer

You're confusing me here. If you want to do an OTA why don't you just visit it with your browser? It should install fine from jad then.

If you're downloading it to your computer use the OTA computer program (do a search for OTA downloader) that processes OTA's if you give it a jad URL and saves the jar or COD files to your computer, which you can then transfer to your BB with the jad file (though if you have a jar file you can likely just install from that without any problems).

went to it through BB and when i click to download it says Error: Invalid manifest or aplication descriptor
    Last edited by berryaddict81; 11-12-2008 at 03:46 PM.

If this is the only one you're having a problem with hop on over to

http://www.mobiletutor.org/guitar/demo.php

and there's a few different ways to get it, including downloading the jar file directly.

The jad file listed COD files as well as jar so I'm not sure if that's what's throwing it off or not (Having issues of my own right now so I'm can't try downloading it myself).

If you download the jar you should be able to install directly from that, failing that there's also a link to a zip file for Blackberry users.