Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just downloaded 4.5 from the Blackberry site. I went through the whole process and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Downloaded 4.5 from the Blackberry Site

Advertisement

I just downloaded 4.5 from the Blackberry site. I went through the whole process and everything went fine on my PC, but my BB still says that it's version 4.2.2.170. Has anyone else downloaded the device software from there? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
    Lisa
    Lis (not dead, but Berried)
    Music is feelings unspoken.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Do you have the desktop manager program installed? If you do, run that program then plug in your phone. The update will start on your BB, if you got the correct matching vendor version. If not, you'll have to do one more step and delete the vendor.xml file to get the update to work.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    are you absolutely sure you downloaded the 4.5 OS?

when you went to upgrade did Desktop Manager say something about updated core application blah blah blah 4.5 blah blah blah?

I do not remember what was in place of the blah blah blah's

that is an odd one
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    Where's the Vendor.xml file?
    Lis (not dead, but Berried)
    Music is feelings unspoken.

panky16 no está en línea Stack level 1

What happens to old applications

Question about the new OS 4.5! So when I download the new software, will it completely wipe my games and other applications that I've downloaded off my device? Once I get the new OS on my device, will a restore from the desktop manager reload the extra application I've download?

Thanks

PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by potthoff View Post
    Where's the Vendor.xml file?
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by panky16 View Post
    Question about the new OS 4.5! So when I download the new software, will it completely wipe my games and other applications that I've downloaded off my device? Once I get the new OS on my device, will a restore from the desktop manager reload the extra application I've download?

Thanks
    When you UPDATE the device software, your apps will be saved. There is a backup process that runs during the update to take care of everything else.

panky16 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks. I lost apps before when my device crashed cause I didn't back it up and I'm just getting it back to the way it was.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I'd recommend doing a backup at least once a week.

you may go for 2 years without needing to restore from a backup, so it will seem extreme. bu eventually you may need it and if it's not there your going to kick yourself that you didn't make one.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

quinto1025 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    I'd recommend doing a backup at least once a week.

you may go for 2 years without needing to restore from a backup, so it will seem extreme. bu eventually you may need it and if it's not there your going to kick yourself that you didn't make one.

I agree. I have my desktop manager set to back up every 7 days. It already came in handy once! Solid advice.

NuNRG no está en línea Stack level 2
    4.5 ring volume sucks . dont bother upgrading if i were u

ragorman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by potthoff View Post
    I just downloaded 4.5 from the Blackberry site. I went through the whole process and everything went fine on my PC, but my BB still says that it's version 4.2.2.170. Has anyone else downloaded the device software from there? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
    Lisa
    Did you do the Blackberry site's "update" using the activeX thing? Chances are it told you you have the latest version available FOR YOUR PHONE. Most domestic carriers are not supporting it just yet.

xBLAKKx no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sorry if I seem a lil ignorant but I really don't know much about my Blackberry. I have 8310 and I think it's on the 4.2 OS but I've been trying to download themes and have had no luck. Someone told me it's because I don't have the 4.5 OS, just curious where would I get this?

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Themes have nothing to do with the version of the OS. How are you trying to load the themes?

Do you have a data plan?

badger no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Actually, some themes are specific to a certain OS. I ran into that with my previous bb (87xx), before I upgraded the OS.

There are themes available for 4.2, you'll just have to go back farther in the archives, likely, since 4.5 is the new hotness.
    Lady Bevin the Snarling Badger (SCA)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast