Hello new to the website and my girlfriend has the blackberry curve and she gets ... BlackBerry Curve forum

n20kid no está en línea Stack level 1

download files

Advertisement

Hello new to the website and my girlfriend has the blackberry curve and she gets on the daily court review which is a newspaper and on the home computer we have to download files to the desktop to read the sections she wants to read..... im just curious how we would do this on the curve, do we need to download some software to the phone to do this????

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    if the "court review" has an RSS link you can DL an RSS reader like Viigo and have them sent directly to your phone.
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I don't think Daily Court Review has an RSS because it is a paid subscription newspaper.

http://www.dailycourtreview.com/Subs...8/Default.aspx
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

how would i see if it has a rss link?? new to this so forgive the questions...

yes it is a paid prescription sight and she has to renew her subscription but on the home PC we can just download it without having to renew subscription, but might have to if we cant do it on the phone....

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by n20kid View Post
    how would i see if it has a rss link?? new to this so forgive the questions...
    If this is the one you are talking about:

http://www.dailycourtreview.com

Then there is no RSS. I checked already. Unless there is an RSS for subscribed users, which I wouldn't know because I'm not subcribed.

An RSS will usually look like this:
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

yes that is the website i am talking about, its just if she is in the car and has to look something up just makes it alot easier if she loses her notes... Because she uses it for looking up storage auctions and such, and there will be multiple ones each day and it lists the addresses and phone numbers and so forth....

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Do you get your emailed sub, in PDF format?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Depending on the size you may not be able to open the attachments? or are they links to files to download?

Can you forward the emails to your phone, or have the time to download them to the phone?

Then you would be looking for a program that can read the file type?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

i think the main problem is that on that on the home computer she can just download the file to the desktop, on the phone she cannot, or atleast she has not tried... i have not tried to do it, just added the internet to it yesterday and have not had anytime to play with it so this is based off her word... i might try and download it on the phone but not sure where i would download it to?

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    You would need to save it to or memory card, but this all depends on what type of file it its, or how it downloads. Then we will know how to help you. there are document readers for your blackberry