I downgraded a few days ago because BlackBerry Maps would not work with the 4.5 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

180kid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A1B95A

Downgrade from 4.5 beta to 4.2?

Advertisement

I downgraded a few days ago because BlackBerry Maps would not work with the 4.5 beta. I went through all the steps to downgrade the OS. At the end during the Restore of my device data I received 2 errors; "0 of 4 Default Service Selector" and "Firewall". Any insight into what these 2 items are or why I would have received this error... please help. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by 180kid; 04-29-2008 at 01:53 AM.
    ~180kid

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    hopefully you did a backup before attempting the downgrade!

whether downgrading or upgrading, i find its always best to do it in the following order....

1) BACKUP!
    2) Perform a full wipe by going to Options/Security Options/General Settings/Press BB button and choose "Wipe Handheld"
    3) After device is wiped, install the OS of your choice (whether its upgrade/downgrade)
    4) Perform a restore
    5) Enjoy =)

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballkyle View Post
    hopefully you did a backup before attempting the downgrade!

whether downgrading or upgrading, i find its always best to do it in the following order....

1) BACKUP!
    2) Perform a full wipe by going to Options/Security Options/General Settings/Press BB button and choose "Wipe Handheld"
    3) After device is wiped, install the OS of your choice (whether its upgrade/downgrade)
    4) Perform a restore
    5) Enjoy =)
    I agree. My guess as far as the errors are that they could not be restored due to the difference in OS. This happens when jumping any time you skip levels in software.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Pinstackers be cautious in reverting from OS 4.5 back down to 4.2 (if you are so inclined) - cuz its very possible that your address book and calendar won't be able to be restored due to a new manner of storing this info on the BB file system.

the only way around this that i have found is to synch this info into Outlook, do a backup in BB Desktop Mgr, do the downgrade, do a restore, then synch w/ Outlook.

all is well after that

jrleny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b40cdf
    I didn't even think of the compatibility issues going back to 4.2.2.184. Thanks for the info,