Okay folks, I have two seperate issues. Issue 1: My trackball doesn't light up very ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wtmc no está en línea Stack level 2

Double Trouble

Advertisement

Okay folks, I have two seperate issues.

Issue 1:

My trackball doesn't light up very well. Any ideas as to what would cause that? I didn't even notice it until a friend of mine showed me the trackball on his Pearl and it was like a friggin flashlight.

Issue 2:

While using BB Messenger sometimes I find that the chat log freezes and I can no longer receive texts. All I can see is the first few words of the new chat on my SMS screen.My phone vibrates when I get the message but that's as far as it goes.

I did a battery pull and it seemed to solve the problem, but now its happening to my buddy. The battery pull worked for him but its happening repeatedly.

Thanks for the help in advanced folks!

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Damn sounds serious! Are you past the date to get a new one because if the problems are happening repeatedly, that may be your best option

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by wtmc View Post
    Okay folks, I have two seperate issues.

Issue 1:

My trackball doesn't light up very well. Any ideas as to what would cause that? I didn't even notice it until a friend of mine showed me the trackball on his Pearl and it was like a friggin flashlight.

Issue 2:

While using BB Messenger sometimes I find that the chat log freezes and I can no longer receive texts. All I can see is the first few words of the new chat on my SMS screen.My phone vibrates when I get the message but that's as far as it goes.

I did a battery pull and it seemed to solve the problem, but now its happening to my buddy. The battery pull worked for him but its happening repeatedly.

Thanks for the help in advanced folks!

1. Could it be dirty? The trackballs on my 8100 and 8120, when new, would almost blind me LOL

2. I agree with smooth. If you're within your 30 day remorse period, or your 1 year warranty exchange, use either option and replace it. I went thru 3 8100's before I got a unit that worked. This 8120 I have now beats the pants off all 3 8100's.

somthinsim no está en línea Stack level 3
    if your passed, then I would suggested cleaning your ball, from what I have see and done, it not really hard, just be careful not to damage the small pieces.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You could order a new trackball @ www.bbtrackball.com

Thanks for the replies, I'll check into getting the trackball cleaned and I'm well within my one year warranty so if it happens again I'll go back to the dealer.

Thanks for the replies, I'll check into getting the trackball cleaned and I'm well within my one year warranty so if it happens again I'll go back to the dealer.