Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It's already been mentioned (and you may not like it), but profiles are the best ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

Re: Don't want Email showing up 24/7...is there a way to only occasionally r/o

Advertisement

It's already been mentioned (and you may not like it), but profiles are the best way to achieve this on the BB.

I have a couple profiles that ring the phone and SMS/voicemail only. You can disable the flashing LED. Then just muster the will power to ignore looking in the messages application.

And if you do feel compelled to look for a message, you don't need to fetch them, since they have all already been pushed silently, already waiting for you (See the Will Power 2.0 requirement). just open the messages application and look for something important and simply ignore the rest until you get back to the office. Ever email your CEO, COO, CFO, etc and not get a reply for two days? Same applies here.

I have a couple profiles set up as "exceptions" with a special phone and email ringer for one of my emergency contacts at work (he only calls or writes if there is a verifiable emergency) as well as my wife. That way no matter what main profile I'm using (ring/no ring -or- email/no email) those two still ring through as exceptions. Everyone else is going to have to wait. I'm not on a leash, nor does anyone have a bill-of-sale for me. In the office, I do what I can. Outside of the office, you'd had better be someone who can help my career, else you aren't getting a long reply until the morning. I just have to prioritize things. else it can get out of hand quick.

Different profiles are the answer here. (I have about 5-7 I use regularly along with two exception profiles, that I mentioned for my LAN administrator and my wife). Just like in Animal Farm, "all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal then others."

Aaron

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Don't want Email showing up 24/7...is there a way to only occasionally r/o

What you need to do is to log into your bis account either from the computer or your bb and delete the email accounts you already set up. You then will check them from the application downloads that sasha recommended which will go to your inbox at gmail and yahoo instead of bringing the emails to you.

Aaron definitely had some good ideas but as he said it takes willpower to be able to do that and ignore the message indicator on the phone.

((By the way, love your quote from Animal Farm))

Zo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123