Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If using email from your job it can be nice to have emails cease to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

series335 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31E6D6FD

Advertisement

If using email from your job it can be nice to have emails cease to exist. As a work a holic, I would rather not have to be tempted to stay ahead on replies when on vacation, walking the dogs or. . . Hopefully 'gettin some' although I leave it out of site then so don't see that freakin' LED blinking! LOL!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Don't want Email showing up 24/7...is there a way to only occasionally r/o

Quote Originally Posted by series335
    If using email from your job it can be nice to have emails cease to exist. As a work a holic, I would rather not have to be tempted to stay ahead on replies when on vacation, walking the dogs or. . . Hopefully 'gettin some' although I leave it out of site then so don't see that freakin' LED blinking! LOL!
    In your situation it might actually be a better idea to have a regular cell as a switch when you get off of work. You remove your sim from your BB and put it in the regular phone (with no email setup ) and then switch back in the mornings. I understand what you mean about being a workaholic. My wife calls my BB my second lover. lol

Zo

lilvalval no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    In your situation it might actually be a better idea to have a regular cell as a switch when you get off of work. You remove your sim from your BB and put it in the regular phone (with no email setup ) and then switch back in the mornings. I understand what you mean about being a workaholic. My wife calls my BB my second lover. lol

Zo
    I put my blackberry on Phone Only mode and the emails have stopped!

I have bberry for when I'm traveling and out of the office, but after 6 or so and on the weekends, I don't wanna see my email.

Quote Originally Posted by lilvalval
    I put my blackberry on Phone Only mode and the emails have stopped!

I have bberry for when I'm traveling and out of the office, but after 6 or so and on the weekends, I don't wanna see my email.
    crap!!! i thought it had stopped the email but it didn't

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Did you try what I said?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Honestly, how long have you had your phone? You sound more like a Treo or WM person than a BB user. It sounds like you truly need a device with pull email instead of push.

Zo

PIN/ID

UGH....Just go to the emails that you use----go to those sites, and find out how to get the individual icons!!!!!!!!! That will fix it!!!!!!!! Don't blame her for wanting the BB it's so much better looking than the other phones!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I don't blame her for wanting the BB. What I am saying is that maybe a BB isn't what she needs. She is interested in pull email (email where she decides when she gets it and reads it) instead of push email. Your solution bypasses the entire reason for having a BB and that is the push email (which is fine if that is what she is willing to do) but it may be simpler just using a different device with pull email and setting up her email there.

A BB isn't for every person. She was talked into a BB by a sales person that didn't know their devices or her needs. In all honesty, with the needs she is describing I would have put her in a Treo or Q (on Verizon) or a Dash (on T-Mobile) before I would have put her in a BB (and I have only sold one dash per 15 BB's in my shop).

Zo

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    UGH....Just go to the emails that you use----go to those sites, and find out how to get the individual icons!!!!!!!!! That will fix it!!!!!!!! Don't blame her for wanting the BB it's so much better looking than the other phones!
    I did. I got the yahoo icon, but it still is being pushed through.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

In order to stop the push you will have to remove all of your email accounts from your bis account or it will continue to poll and push the emails into your unit.

Zo

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    In order to stop the push you will have to remove all of your email accounts from your bis account or it will continue to poll and push the emails into your unit.

Zo
    But then when i want to check the email I have to go back in a reset up all the email accounts right? ....just too time consuming. I can't activate and deactivate my email account everyday.

PIN/ID

No you dont. You have the icon, that's all you need. Go delete your accounts, and "hide" the email icon (less mess on the screen) when you want your email click on the yahoo icon. That is how it is with a normal "pull" email phone....

And shoot...who says that if you have a BB you have to use push? Even if I didn't want the "push" function, I still would have picked the BB cause it just plain LOOKS better than the other phones.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

As we've noted Val... maybe a Berry isn't for you - it's all about fitting your needs (not getting a pretty phone that does things u don't want it to do - sorry Sasha) but, that's just not smart.

Why turn left, if you want to go right (dumb analogy, but u get the point) - buy a phone that does what you want. Again, a BB is an email GODsend - that's what it's for.

The Q - Blackjack - Treo all sound like better fits for your needs/desires

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    As we've noted Val... maybe a Berry isn't for you - it's all about fitting your needs (not getting a pretty phone that does things u don't want it to do - sorry Sasha) but, that's just not smart.

Why turn left, if you want to go right (dumb analogy, but u get the point) - buy a phone that does what you want. Again, a BB is an email GODsend - that's what it's for.

The Q - Blackjack - Treo all sound like better fits for your needs/desires
    i hear you man. This is why I am asking so many questions. I have 20 days to decide if I want to keep it or if its not for me. it may not be for me but I need to make sure I'm using it right and aware of what settings there might be on it that I'm unaware of that will make it work for me. I'm so hesitant to go w/ the others because of all the freezing problems and glitches they so often have. Also, I hate the touchscreen stuff....the scrollball thing on BB is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    No you dont. You have the icon, that's all you need. Go delete your accounts, and "hide" the email icon (less mess on the screen) when you want your email click on the yahoo icon. That is how it is with a normal "pull" email phone....

And shoot...who says that if you have a BB you have to use push? Even if I didn't want the "push" function, I still would have picked the BB cause it just plain LOOKS better than the other phones.
    ok, how do I delete my accounts? I can't figure out where to do it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast