Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

check it? Like when I have time or need to check it I will go ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lilvalval no está en línea Stack level 2

Don't want Email showing up 24/7...is there a way to only occasionally r/o

Advertisement

check it? Like when I have time or need to check it I will go in ask for all new mail? I don't want it showing up all hours of the night and day. Is that just the way blackberrys work or is there a setting I can select?

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Don't want Email showing up 24/7...is there a way to only occasionally r/o

hmmm that is what blackberry's are for.. all email all the time. I guess you could turn off wireless when you don't want email but then the phone wont work either or you could leave it plugged in at your computer with forwarding off while plugged in.??
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

You can turn the data service off to restrict, but then I don't know if it will catch back up when you turn the data back on.
    Options>Mobile Network

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

You can turn your profile to phone only, that will stop messages from coming in.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

You can go to option>Auto On/Off then you can select the time when you want your BB to turn On and OFF Hope this helps.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

You dont have to have them pushed to your phone. You can go to gmail, yahoo and hotmail and download the icons. When you want to check the email you simply go to those icons, sign in and it will bring up your emails.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    You dont have to have them pushed to your phone. You can go to gmail, yahoo and hotmail and download the icons. When you want to check the email you simply go to those icons, sign in and it will bring up your emails.
    This is exactly what I want! I hope I can do that! I haven't downloaded ANYTHING yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PacketRat
    hmmm that is what blackberry's are for.. all email all the time. I guess you could turn off wireless when you don't want email but then the phone wont work either or you could leave it plugged in at your computer with forwarding off while plugged in.??
    Well....I guess thats the difference between blackberrys and palm treos? I was on the fence when I bought it about which to buy and the sales guy couldn't really tell me the difference

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    Do you get the icons on your PC or phone? And where exactly do you find them?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

go to google from your phones browser, go to hotmail.com and go to yahoo.com all from your phones browswer. You can check out the info on the computer at each email site to make sure what the specific download is
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Quote Originally Posted by Naylor07
    You can turn your profile to phone only, that will stop messages from coming in.
    ????

That just changes notifications, you'll still get messages...

series335 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31E6D6FD
    I know what you mean.

All I do is change messaging service . . .

Settings
    Advanced Options
    Message Services
    Change email account to your blackberry addess.

Works for me cause I receive no activity on that address unless I need something very specific

. . from BB site or other web sites which require application activations, for example, to filter through BB email.

Hope this helps.
    Ed

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    Quote Originally Posted by series335
    I know what you mean.

All I do is change messaging service . . .

Settings
    Advanced Options
    Message Services
    Change email account to your blackberry addess.

Works for me cause I receive no activity on that address unless I need something very specific

. . from BB site or other web sites which require application activations, for example, to filter through BB email.

Hope this helps.
    Ed
    Changing this option doesn't stop your email from coming in, it just selects the default service for replying to emails.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by Naylor07
    I believe the messages still come in... but, your phone only rings or provides notification of phone calls...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Honestly, the "Golden Egg" of BBerry's is email handling... it's what separtes it from everything else on the market currently (I'm prone to hyperbole...) - but, seriously, why purchase a BBerry if u want so little to do with email at this point in time.

Other phone options would seemingly be more appealing????

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast