Ok here's the situtation. My wife and I both have the 8310 curve through att. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Dj Renagade no está en línea Stack level 3

if i dont have data plan can i still get emails?

Advertisement

Ok here's the situtation. My wife and I both have the 8310 curve through att. The day we got them we got the unlimited data plan and I registered both our yahoo emails with our phones. Well I cancelled her data plan because she never uses it. So will she still receive emails? And if she does get emails is that charging me for data usage or just text because I have the unlimited text on both phones.
    Blackberry curve 8310 and lovin' it

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't think she will be able to receive email at all.

That's a big 10-4~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    yep this happened with me and the gmail app i didn't have a data plan yet i was still getting emails, i was getting charged per kb so disconnect her email or turn data services off on the phone
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**

anjwolf07 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3038CA9E
    Why in the world would anyone have a blackberry and NOT have the data plan? Its like a car with no gasoline in it.a blackberry is not a blackberry without email ability, inernet usage, etc. You might has well just have a normal non-smartphone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ag_one80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i totaly agree with you wolf07 without the data plan you Blackberry,and I hate to say it,will just be a phone with a qwerty key board.

avrttav8r08 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2080A329
    I totally agree as well. Would almost be a waste. Very funny though wolf07. Love the comparison to a car w/ no gasoline. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by anjwolf07 View Post
    Why in the world would anyone have a blackberry and NOT have the data plan? Its like a car with no gasoline in it.a blackberry is not a blackberry without email ability, inernet usage, etc. You might has well just have a normal non-smartphone.

I have a backup 8100 for texting only and it has no data plan (it's prepaid). The data is on my 8120.

Well we got our phones sometime ago and she has never used her internet but maybe one time....if even that. So she said to cut it off. Why pay 30 a month for something that never gets used. I mean I don't care because I have the data on mine!!!! Lol~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Yea, you're not getting everything out of it without data. It's still good without data though.. the OS does what I want it to. Usually.

coldfyre no está en línea Stack level 1
    Of course you're not getting everything out of a BB with no data plan. But for some people, like myself, we don't want to pay for a data plan. I got my 8310 because I'm already comfortable with qwerty keypads and I text a lot.

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    Having a qwerty keyboard is still good for texting, but a blackberry with no data plan is like a Mercedes with a Hyandai engine. It's gets you from point A to B, but the true power and beauty isn't being utilized.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by anjwolf07 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ag_one80 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i totaly agree with you wolf07 without the data plan you Blackberry,and I hate to say it,will just be a phone with a qwerty key board.
    Quote Originally Posted by avrttav8r08 View Post
    I totally agree as well. Would almost be a waste. Very funny though wolf07. Love the comparison to a car w/ no gasoline. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Lots of users have an extra BB with no data plan - me too. I have the 8320 for a backup line, no data plan, and use it to browser the internet using wi-fi all the time. If I were on a budget, I can see having the 8320 with a line and no data plan and browsing at hot spots. Everyone has their own reasons and some of those reasons DO NOT include a data plan.

Of course it's better with one but it's not always necessary to enjoy SOME features of the device.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com