Well I have an 8320 here but I just want to reload the current o.s ... BlackBerry Curve forum

krazilly no está en línea Stack level 2

Docs to go, BBM and youtube question

Advertisement

Well I have an 8320 here but I just want to reload the current o.s I have on it because docs to go is not opening any flies, it gives a message saying to adjust application permissions and also I can't view youtube videos, the o.s I'm using is 4.5.0.55 and will I have to readd all by BBM contacts or will they automaticallybe there after I renew my data plan?
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13337/960; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Do a backup before you start to upgrade. During the OS upgrade process it will do one as well, but I always do a separate one first just in case something goes weird. Under normal circumstances, after the DM loads the new OS onto your phone, it loads all your saved data, contacts, settings, etc. back onto your phone, so your BBM contacts should still be there
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Yup just like azstar said make sure EVERYTHING is backed up because you never know. In the backup screen, click options and make sure the appropriate sections are checked off.

You also might want to take a look at THIS thread for 8320 OSs because there are some never versions than the one you have. Usually newer OSs introduce some new features here and there or make things run smoother, extend battery life, etc.

ok thanks people....well the 4.5.0.55 Os is working great for me other than the docs to go issue i have been having and the youtube one.....but ill check out the newer ones....also in you guys opinion whats the best one i can upgrade to?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Can you more clearly explain your troubles with docs-to-go and youtube? List exact errors and what you have done to try and fix it?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

well when i try to use docs to go...it says permission to files denied, place configure application permissions and i set everything to allow and it still wont work...and for youtube im on a unlimited data plan and i try to play videos and they wont play..i have not tried anything to correct that issue.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Well I know personally that not all YouTube videos play regardless, just compatibility issues with YouTube and BlackBerry. On the 4.6.1 OS I am using now, a small assortment of videos now work via YouTube's mobile site.

Docs To Go, are these documents on the phone or memory card? Maybe its a file permission setting on the files.

The file are on the memory card, and it seems like it wont play any youtube videos at all