If my outlook and Curve are both open, how do I set my BB so ... BlackBerry Curve forum

brandmusic no está en línea Stack level 1

Do you get the message?

Advertisement

If my outlook and Curve are both open, how do I set my BB so that it still receives emails while the desktop also receives??

Michael

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Do you get the message?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I never had that happen,I get mail on both.

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

If you are on BES, in Desktop Manager, there is an option to "Disable email redirection while your handheld is connected." Uncheck it.

I am new to BIS, and I cannot seem to find this feature in my DM, or in my BIS config. Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by brandmusic
    If my outlook and Curve are both open, how do I set my BB so that it still receives emails while the desktop also receives??

Michael
    Michael -

This depends on your environment. With BES, configured properly, you will see email in Outlook and on your BB. With BIS, you have to make a decision: when Outlook reads your email (downloading to your PC), does it delete from the server or not, and you must also decide whether your Blackberry deletes emails on the server when you delete them from the Blackberry. These are explicit choices you must make with BIS, Outlook and the Blackberry (or live with the default settings).

If you're using BIS, the default behavior for Outlook will be to download from your POP3 server and delete the message from the server. If the Blackberry hasn't received the message yet, it never will. Alternatively, if you set Outlook to leave the message on the server, the blackberry will also receive it - but eventually you'll need to decide how messages will eventually be taken off your server, since there are limits to what you'll be allowed to leave there.

pilotgeg no está en línea Stack level 2

There is a nice setting in Outlook that allows you to keep messages for x amount of days and THEN delete from the server. I have mine set to 1 day. Haven't had any problem at all with this.

You can find this option by going to TOOLS>EMAIL ACCOUNTS>VIEW OR CHANGE EMAIL ACCOUNTS>(SELECT THE ACCOUNT)CLICK CHANGE>MORE SETTINGS>ADVANCED TAB. In here, at the bottom, you will see "delivery" with three check boxes. Check the first one (leave a copy of the message on the server", then check the next box and put a '1' in there.

This will tell your Outlook to keep your messages and allow your BB to grab the messages off your server. Also, it's handy if you log in remotely to get your email and have left your Outlook open.

Hope this helps.