Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just ordered mine - for $8.00 seems worth it to me.... BlackBerry Curve forum

tonyd414 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Do we really need a case for curve?

Advertisement

Just ordered mine - for $8.00 seems worth it to me.

skh
    skh no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have been carrying my Curve in my pocket for a few months now without the case, even dropped it a couple of times. Absolutely no problem. No scratches or any other minor damage. The screen is fine also. Just wipe it with a clean cloth (damp) once in a while and its perfect. For me the case adds size which makes the Curves form factor pointless. So its no case for me.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

I never dropped my curve, but I *did* drop an 8800... actually, I tripped, and it went flying out of my pocket and into the street during rush hour, skittering along for about 10 feet before stopping. Amazingly enough, it had a couple of small scratches on a corner and the back. Still worked just fine, and the scratches were barely noticeable. I think the 8800 is a bit more sturdy than the curve, but in general, these are put together very solidly.

In contrast to this: a friend dropped his new Moto RIZR (3 days old) about 4 feet onto a tile floor. Although you could still make and receive calls - the display was shot. Totally white, with a couple of rainbow lines along one side. I suspect an internal plug came loose, or a fine wire snapped. Weird though: the RIZR feels incredibly solid - but a single fall killed it, and I've seen a number of BB's dropped and abused, but continue to work (except for the couple I've seen where the display actually cracked).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12