Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just bought a curve and wondering if I really need a leather case/pouch for ... BlackBerry Curve forum

webcrawler no está en línea Stack level 1

Do we really need a case for curve?

Advertisement

I just bought a curve and wondering if I really need a leather case/pouch for it. I would prefer to keep it in my Jean’s pocket but wonder if I would damage trackball this way. So I am looking for advice from experienced guys on this. Thanks in advance!

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Do we really need a case for curve?

Quote Originally Posted by webcrawler
    I just bought a curve and wondering if I really need a leather case/pouch for it. I would prefer to keep it in my Jean’s pocket but wonder if I would damage trackball this way. So I am looking for advice from experienced guys on this. Thanks in advance!
    I've carried first the pearl, then my curve, in my pants pocket for months when I've got dress slacks khakis on. I usually use a case if I'm wearing something like jeans, where it would be tougher to get the phone in and out of my pocket. Anyway - I never had any trouble at all keeping either the pearl or curve in my pocket. Only caution is that some people have reported getting dust under their screen with the curve - I haven't had this problem, but some people seem to think it might happen more if you keep the phone in your pocket.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

webcrawler - welcome to the stacks

if you don't want to cover up the curve with a case, consider www.bestskinsever.com and a full body skin.

here's my review....
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...300_curve.html

my biggest worry isn't putting it in and out of pocket or purse, but dropping it

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

I carry mine in my pants pocket but I am careful not to put anything else in with it. I just use an OEM silicone skin. Works for me.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

HanHookie no está en línea Stack level 2

hey webcrawler

I recently purchased a 8300, and a case/holster I dunno what you'd exactly consider it... However I never use the case as it's the biggest pain in my errrm, side, to use it. When the phone rings, I'm using two hands to take the BB out of the case then answer it. Whats the point in that? It was so much easier for me to dedicate a pocket to only the BB (not having keys, chapstick, NADA in that pocket except the BB). So far, all is well. No scratches (as it's only touching cloth in my pocket), and no wear and tear on the trackball either. I hope my luck continues...

So to answer your question, no I dont think a case is absolutely essential...but I recommend you think it over..keeping in mind what cherrichiodo said about some sort of protection from dropping it. Good luck!

Dream Rider (or anyone else): Does your OEM silicone skin have an opening for the camera lens and flash? I'm interested in getting a skin for my BB, but I can't find any descriptions that say for sure if the camera lens and flash are indeed UN-covered. Can you confirm this?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The OEM skin from blackberry does have the cam cutout. I would only buy a case made for the curve. It *should* have cutouts for it and fit perfectly.

Nice. Thanks cherrichiodo....ur awesome, so are your themes! Thanks for everything!

NYSammy no está en línea Stack level 1

Check out Shieldzone.com, they have a clear film that covers the entire phone except the keyboard or just the screen. The full body version will protect the entire phone from scratches, especially if you put it in your pockets. The stuff is amazing, you can remove it and reapply.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

I don't mind scratches on my curve except for on the screen. I had an invisibl shield on mine, but my friend thought it would be funny to peel it off so right now I don't have one. Of course I managed to get a scratch on the screen, so i have ordered a new IS.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Karpfish24
    I don't mind scratches on my curve except for on the screen. I had an invisibl shield on mine, but my friend thought it would be funny to peel it off so right now I don't have one. Of course I managed to get a scratch on the screen, so i have ordered a new IS.
    With friends like that....

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by HanHookie
    However I never use the case as it's the biggest pain in my errrm, side, to use it. When the phone rings, I'm using two hands to take the BB out of the case then answer it.
    Have you tried the OEM Blackberry case that has the magnetic closure? It works great for me and seems to be easy to get out even with the silicone skins on.

That being said, to answer the original question, I use both a Pearl and a Curve and I always use the silicone skins, and I recommend OEM because they fit so much better. But, on days that I am in court wearing a suit or just wearing dress pants in general I have found that the belt case works really well.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

PoliceDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Are the Seidio silicone skins as good as the OEM skins? Quality, durability, fit, etc?

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I gave up. Bestskin looks crooked to me and the silicon skins are bulkyness. I wish bb would bring back the holsters.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

you will be fine with just putting it in your pocket but a side note is the holster will put your BB into a power saving mode and automatically switch it to vibrate - which is nice. Just in case you weren't aware
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast