i upgraded to OS 4.5 and with it came documents to go...i don't really use ... BlackBerry Curve forum

zayragiselle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A0DACB

Do i really need documents to go?

Advertisement

i upgraded to OS 4.5 and with it came documents to go...i don't really use that feature...i was wondering if i can delete it bc it takes too much memory and i 'd rather have themes in there....

i was trying to download a theme last night and for the first time it said it didn't have enough memory to download the theme....that kind of freak me out....

the thing is i only had less than 10 themes and i don't have a lot of apps...

anybody has any ideas?
    thanks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You can delete it if you don't use it. No sense having it take up valuable space. In my opinion and experience keeping 10 extra themes is way too many though. It is best to only keep your favorite few on your BB and either keep the others on your PC, or, if they are OTA downloads only, bookmark the page where you downloaded them from so you can go back and get them when you want to use them again.

Themes take up a huge amount of space and if your BB gets low on free memory it will start deleting your texts, call logs, and emails without warning. Go to Options/Status and see how much your File Free is. If it's under 10 million bytes(approx 10mb), you may start to have problems.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I would keep Documents to Go over 10 extra themes.... But, if you don't use D2G just open Desktop Manager, unclick documents to go, click next and say goodbye to D2G.

While you're in there, ditch any themes you aren't using as they are a huge waste of space.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by zayragiselle View Post
    i upgraded to OS 4.5 and with it came documents to go...i don't really use that feature...i was wondering if i can delete it bc it takes too much memory and i 'd rather have themes in there....

i was trying to download a theme last night and for the first time it said it didn't have enough memory to download the theme....that kind of freak me out....

the thing is i only had less than 10 themes and i don't have a lot of apps...

anybody has any ideas?
    thanks
    I just upgraded my OS and I've been looking for this everywhere. Where is it?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    It looks like a briefcase with a red blue and green square on it. IT may not have been selected during install of the upgrade.

Go into Desktop Manager and scroll through the apps list. Click on the square beside Documents to Go, click next and et voila, it appears!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    I just upgraded my OS and I've been looking for this everywhere. Where is it?
    It doesn't load automatically for some reason. Did you happen to look at the applications list and check the box for that app? If not, you'll have to go back into DM and load it again through the Application Loader function.

egdirdnats no está en línea Stack level 1
    I upgraded to 4.5 also. Tried to find it in app. loader but it doesn't show up.

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    I agree with Sirthinks... D@G is worth more than its wait in gold.