I just got my 8310 on Valentine's day. I'm loving it, but the camera is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

growlinsax no está en línea Stack level 1

Do I need to return my Curve?

Advertisement

I just got my 8310 on Valentine's day. I'm loving it, but the camera is acting up. FWIW the camera worked fine out of the box. Now, pictures are a bit blurred in the view finder and have a very blue tint to them. Also, after I take a picture, the screen that used to come up with a preview and naming/deleting options does not appear. The picture appears as a link in my photos list, but the phone won't open it.
    Do I need to take it back, or is there something I'm not doing?
    Thanks for reading.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Do I need to return my Curve?

Are you saving the the memory card or the phone itself?

I would recommend returning it regardless, as you have 30 days (well.. most carriers allow 30 days).

Just checked and you have AT&T, so yes, you're still within the 30 days..

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

I would definately take it back. You paid a lot for the device and it needs to function perfectly.

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3

My 8300 did kinda the same thing...the camera image was kinda shaded almost like hologram kinda...if that makes sense....I simply called warranty 800-801-1101(att/cingular) and they sent me a replacement! Very easy!

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

regardless of your 14/30 day period which every it may be, you still have a one year manufacturer warranty and they will replace it for you as long as there is no physical damage and lots of scratches and dings! Try calling your provider and then post back to update us!

ak602 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Before you go returning it, check the obvious. Make sure the camera lens is clean and make sure in camera settings it set to color pictures, not sepia or some other camera affect. you can clean the lens carefully with a q tip and a drop of isopropyl alcohol or eyeclass cleaer. even windex.

growlinsax no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi all,
    Thanks for the quick responses. I have resolved the problem, but I'm not sure how. I took the back cover off and tried the camera and it worked fine. So I guess as long as I have a full year warranty, I'll wait and see if it acts up again.

Thanks again for your responses.