Okay. I bought the BlackBerry Curve 8300 on Saturday (should be here soon). Right now ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jmacs28 no está en línea Stack level 2

Do I Need To Change Plans?

Advertisement

Okay. I bought the BlackBerry Curve 8300 on Saturday (should be here soon). Right now I have a Motorola RIZR Z3. My question--do I have to change anything on my AT&T account? Right now I have:

Nation 450 Rollover & 5000 Night/Weekend & Unlimited Mobile-To-Mobile Minutes
    MEDIA WORKS BUNDLE

The MEDIA WORKS BUNDLE included 5MB of Internet/MEdia Net and 1000 messages (texts).

Thanks in advance.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Do I Need To Change Plans?

Your best bet would be to get a Blackberry Data Plan, that way you can take full advantage of your Blackberry. You will need to keep some type of text-messaging plan too if you use it a lot.

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK

you will have to change the media works bundle. You will have to drop that and add a BB plan. I would check out att's website to look at the BB plans.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

I'm checking the alternate plans and this is the only stuff I see:

Smartphone Connect Unlimited
    Smartphone Connect Data plans are applicable on Windows Mobile Smartphone devices only, which are the Cingular 2125, Audiovox SMT5600, and Motorola MPx 220.
    With the SmartPhone Connect Unlimited plan with Express Mail, you can browse the internet from your wireless SmartPhone handset. Put your relevant categories and headlines right on your home page, and spend less time looking for important information such as current news, weather, travel information. Check CNN, The Weather Channel, etc..

You can also check e-mail, send/receive instant messages and photos. Plus, you only pay for the amount of data you send and receive, not the time you use the service. And with the Smartphone Connect Unlimited feature, all your data usage is included.

With Smartphone Connect Unlimited you get Xpress Mail included which allows you to setup your personal email, such as Yahoo, AOL, or Earthlink, right on your device in just a few clicks. The 13 most popular ISP and personal email accounts are pre-loaded on the device for quick and easy setup.

Just enter your mobile number, choose your provider and enter your user name and password to view your personal email. Additionally Xpress Mail allows users to access corporate email and other data, such as Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Notes, with an online self service wizard. Users can activate their account at ...

Should I just wait until I get my phone and then contact AT&T?

tj2311111 Guest

I dont have AT&T but I checked up on the site for you. Your gonna have to get rid of the media works bundle and switch to one of these plans. These are the plans in my area your gonna have to check out the coverage in your area.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...onal-plans.jsp

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah, whe your phone arrives, you need to call AT&T to activate it. I have the same voice pkg as you plus the $39.99 BB personal untld. It's unlimited data plus 1500 txt/sms/mms.

Thanks, teamjordan.

tj2311111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jmacs28 View Post
    Thanks, teamjordan.

No problem.
    Last edited by tj2311111; 11-18-2007 at 01:34 PM.